Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-24-2012, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
No, you folks can say what you like but after so many years of dealing with folks who think they know how to park my trailered vehicle better than I do, here are my parking rules:

1. No parking that in any way blocks access to the mailbox.
2. No parking in any way that interferes with traffic at all.
3. No parking in any way that could be construed as being in front of a neighbor's house (this includes implied and imagined right of ways) otherwise sooner or later some neighbor will come out and act like you owe them something and expect some sort of retribution for the alleged trespass, oh yes sir.
4. No parking directly across the street from someone else's driveway (because sooner or later someone will back up into your trailer AND deny they did it or act like it's nothing wrong).
5. No parking in front of the customer's driveway, for obvious reasons.
6. No parking within 150 feet of a fire hydrant, mostly because it's illegal.
7. No parking in customer's driveways (due to possible fluid leaks, especially concerns paved driveways).
8. No parking where there exists a blind spot so that an oncoming driver might not see something.
9. Always keep an eye and ear open towards the truck.

You get the idea?

In a cul-de-sac I usually plop my truck and trailer dead center of the circle with enough space for cars to go all around.
Even then I get wise guys come up with their bright comments.

So it doesn't leave much.

Yep, yep.

My point as well.
You just eliminated 60% of the houses in my hood where you would work.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
No, you folks can say what you like but after so many years of dealing with folks who think they know how to park my trailered vehicle better than I do, here are my parking rules:

3. No parking in any way that could be construed as being in front of a neighbor's house (this includes implied and imagined right of ways) otherwise sooner or later some neighbor will come out and act like you owe them something and expect some sort of retribution for the alleged trespass, oh yes sir.
4. No parking directly across the street from someone else's driveway (because sooner or later someone will back up into your trailer AND deny they did it or act like it's nothing wrong).
7. No parking in customer's driveways (due to possible fluid leaks, especially concerns paved driveways).
8. No parking where there exists a blind spot so that an oncoming driver might not see something.

You get the idea?

In a cul-de-sac I usually plop my truck and trailer dead center of the circle with enough space for cars to go all around.

Yep, yep.

My point as well.
Disagree.
1. I block my customers mailboxes all the time, its part of it. I have a couple places that I block my customers and the neighbors mailbox, nothing else I can do
2. I agree with this but there's always a nitpicker.
3. I think if you are on the road you could always be construed as being in front of a neighbors house.
4. Another unavoidable scenario sometimes
5. Agree.
6. Agree.
7. Again an unavoidable situation sometimes, don't drive a broke down piece of junk that leaks fluids, take some pride in your appearance and equipment.
8. Agree, but there's always a moron not paying attention.
9. Easier said than done on large properties but we all try.

I would never park in the middle of a culdesac, I would get hit and complaints all day long, but I have a 42' rig.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-14-2012, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:

You get the idea?

If you or anyone else followed those "parking rules" nobody would get anything done. You'd spend all day looking for a adequate place to park.

Also if I might ask, what is a "trailered vehicle"? Are you talking about the mowers and stuff being trailered to the job or a vehicle as in car/truck being trailered to the job? I bet I can back up a trailer better then you! I worked at a U-Haul center for 13 years. I backed up two 6x12 enclosed trailers with a 26ft International box truck over 50ft. I've also backed up a open single axle trailer at the rate of about 12-15mph with a pick up truck for a short distance. We use to place small wagers on who could do it the fastest,longest and closest without touching ALL the time. We (as in the team of employee's at the center, not a fake "crew") at the time had the top rated center in the country! I could drive backwards in a circle with my truck and trailer around yours while you're parked in the middle of that cul-di-sac you speak of.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler
(this includes implied and imagined right of ways)
lol

Note to self: keep it 100% literal with The Duekster, T.N.G. Cutter, & Orange Mower!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Member

???????????????????????????????????????
lol