Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-25-2012, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I like hopper, I'm going to get tail wheel bearings for it as we speak. All 8 of them haha. Really if your doing serious bagging get a hopper, no one matches there bagging hopper capacity. Think the biggest is 22 cu ft now?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-25-2012, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
I like hopper, I'm going to get tail wheel bearings for it as we speak. All 8 of them haha. Really if your doing serious bagging get a hopper, no one matches there bagging hopper capacity. Think the biggest is 22 cu ft now?
Posted via Mobile Device
I think so. I can do 2-3 private accounts with the hopper before i dump and i have the mid size box. The new grasshoppers only have a pair of jackshaft belts and a deck belt. The hydro is direct drive off the motor. They are a breeze to work on and the motor don't have to be pulled to clean it out like a Walker. I cannot get the speed out of any walker that i can with the hopper. I can also bag with my 61" deck, Again, can't get that big of a bagging deck with a Walker. They are too slow and ride rough and after a few hours my bad knee starts to bug me from the constant deck jostling. My feet sit on the operators platform on the hopper. I COULD use something like a Walker on some of my very small accounts but i get by. Most everything i do is 1/2 to 3 acres.

All this said, my dealer is 250 miles away but i do my own work anyways. We only have Walker, Husky, Deere and Toro in this town.
2009 Encore FZ48 Front Mount Side Discharge & bagger.
3 Ariens LM21 Commercial walk behinds.
Echo SRM28 trimmers.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPS## View Post
I might be a couple 1000 off not over 100,000.

Last winter I toured the factory, I believe they were approaching 225,000.
If I remember right.

From their website.

Walker Manufacturing currently has 18 US and 26 Export Distributors as well as over 1,100 dealers world-wide selling and servicing Walker Mowers.

Walker Mowers are distributed worldwide to over 28 countries. They can be seen on the lawns of castles in Europe, parks Down Under, international State Houses and a number of other exclusive properties throughout North America.

For some reason they have not updated their production numbers on their site since 08.

Called Walker tec support today. As of 10/2/12 they have produced 118,993models to date. You were only off by 106,007. According to tec support they build on average 15 mowers a day. At those numbers only working 260 days per year it will take only 27.18 years to catch up with your 225,000 number.

Tags
walker , walker diesel