Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-01-2012, 04:56 PM
CLARK LAWN's Avatar
CLARK LAWN CLARK LAWN is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: youngstown, ohio
Posts: 2,519
And you still haven't answered the question. WHAT LETTER IS AIR BRAKE ENDORSEMENT?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-01-2012, 05:11 PM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,314
Read the manual and it does not appear as an endorsement but as a restriction. So going back to the original question, if you haven't passed a knowledge exam regarding air brakes whether over or under 26k, how can you operate that vehicle legally? Is this one of those RV type rules, like where people driving tamdem axle RV's don't need a CDL?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
Read the manual and it does not appear as an endorsement but as a restriction. So going back to the original question, if you haven't passed a knowledge exam regarding air brakes whether over or under 26k, how can you operate that vehicle legally?
Why would it apply to an under CDL vehicle.

Were you dropped on your head or something when you were little?

MarkO, do you suppose he thinks you need a tanker endorsment for an under CDL truck too.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-01-2012, 05:40 PM
CLARK LAWN's Avatar
CLARK LAWN CLARK LAWN is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: youngstown, ohio
Posts: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
Read the manual and it does not appear as an endorsement but as a restriction. So going back to the original question, if you haven't passed a knowledge exam regarding air brakes whether over or under 26k, how can you operate that vehicle legally? Is this one of those RV type rules, like where people driving tamdem axle RV's don't need a CDL?
If it is under CDL how do you take a test that you need a CDL for?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-01-2012, 05:45 PM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARK LAWN View Post
If it is under CDL how do you take a test that you need a CDL for?
Posted via Mobile Device
My post wasn't a fact it was my opinion. 80 year olds driving RV's with two drive axles require no training, and no one regulates them. That was what I was getting at. Same with air brakes under CDL, does the driver have knowledge to pre trip the air system to make sure it is safe? Is it right in my opnion, no, but those are the rules.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
My post wasn't a fact it was my opinion.
Your post posed a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
if you haven't passed a knowledge exam regarding air brakes whether over or under 26k, how can you operate that vehicle legally?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:29 PM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Your post posed a question.
..... and I do belive I answered it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
..... and I do belive I answered it.
Really? How so?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 PM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Really? How so?
Have them pass a knowledge exam of air brake systems just like people with a CDL have to do to operate air brakes. Also in regards to one of your earlier posts, an x endorsement is required if hauling more than 119 gal of a flammable liquid in a non CMV.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
Have them pass a knowledge exam of air brake systems just like people with a CDL have to do to operate air brakes. Also in regards to one of your earlier posts, an x endorsement is required if hauling more than 119 gal of a flammable liquid in a non CMV.
That is another dumb statement.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 AM.

Page generated in 0.07965 seconds with 7 queries