Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-17-2012, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Husqvarna 570 BTS versus RedMax EBZ 7500

So I understand that these two blowers are actually made by the same manufacturer. Are they identical or are there some (slight) differences that makes one better than the other?
Old 09-17-2012, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Member

After reviewing the various threads, I am going to go check out the RedMax 7500 and the Shindaiwa EB802. I don't think I can go wrong with either.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Husky owns RM, but RM makes the blowers for both Co's, each to the design specs of that particular Co.

The only differences between the 570 and the 7500 are the colors, the air box cover latches, and the shoulder straps. The air box cover latches are easier to use on the husky, and the shoulder harness is much more comfortable on the Husky. The last difference is in the way the tube mounted throttles are designed for each.

I chose the Husky over the RM because it is much more comfortable to wear for long periods of use.

As for choosing between the 802 and the 7500/570, nope, can't go wrong with any of them. In stock form the 570/7500 is stronger, but they can both be hotrodded to some degree if that's what you desire to do. I just run 'em as they come and it's good enough.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Member

the redmax seems to be light and i like how they have their right-hand grip placed on top versus along the side

2002 Ford F-150 (Fx4) crew cab w/ 5.4L triton
83"x18' loadmaster utility trailer with side gate and jungle jim racks
61" Scag V-Ride (2012)
52" Exmark turf tracer (2007)
36" Bunton hydro (1995)
Redmax 7001 BP blower (RH)
Redmax 8500 BP blower (RH)
Redmax 2650 string trimmer
Stihl FS80 String timmer
ECHO HC-150 Hedge trimmer
KawasakiKHDS600 hedge trimmer
Old 09-18-2012, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXINRGIXI View Post
the redmax seems to be light and i like how they have their right-hand grip placed on top versus along the side
Actually, when held SXS the RM is sightly heavier.

I do like the top mounted throttle much, much better, but after checking into swapping the RM throttle assembly (which can be done quite easily) I found there's no angle adjutment on the RM and I don't carre for the position it is as made, so I'm sticking with the Husky's because you can adjust it all over the place. I have my Husky's above the tube, though it is still off to the side, it is far better.
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2012, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I like the husky and the stihl I currently own a 600 but when I buy another will probably buy the husky.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you do a search here, I posted a comparison review last fall about the 570 and 600. I posted that before the Husky had fully broken in. Now there's even a more pronounced difference in what they'll each do on heavy debris and/or very large piles of leaves.

The 600 is a fine blower, and light, but for me the 570 is a lot more comfortable to wear for hours on end, and in the spring when I needed to blow heavy dirty and gravel out of lawns along gravel roads, or gravel shoulders along a paved road where the county trucks had blasted literallly a few tons of it 10-15' up into the grass, the Husky was quite a bit stronger at that. No more raking gravel for me.

Here it is-
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...+600+husky+570
Old 09-18-2012, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
If you do a search here, I posted a comparison review last fall about the 570 and 600. I posted that before the Husky had fully broken in. Now there's even a more pronounced difference in what they'll each do on heavy debris and/or very large piles of leaves.

The 600 is a fine blower, and light, but for me the 570 is a lot more comfortable to wear for hours on end, and in the spring when I needed to blow heavy dirty and gravel out of lawns along gravel roads, or gravel shoulders along a paved road where the county trucks had blasted literallly a few tons of it 10-15' up into the grass, the Husky was quite a bit stronger at that. No more raking gravel for me.

Here it is-
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...+600+husky+570
Sounds and looks like it's virtually a tie and comes down to personal preference, I'm a stihl guy right now but if I switch brands it'll be to Husky for all my handhelds, I'm going to do like you and slowly switch over so I can be sure it's what we all like. I want only one brand of equiptment at a time, which is why I'm all Stihl right now.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
Sounds and looks like it's virtually a tie and comes down to personal preference, I'm a stihl guy right now but if I switch brands it'll be to Husky for all my handhelds, I'm going to do like you and slowly switch over so I can be sure it's what we all like. I want only one brand of equiptment at a time, which is why I'm all Stihl right now.
I tried to edit my last post earlier (but was too late) to say that after getting the Husky broken in really well after I posted that review, it is definately stronger than the Stihl, and I can't say enough good about the little Husky 223 trimmer. I've run it all season with no troubles whatsoever. In fact, the more I use it the more I like it. As I stated in another thread somewhere, when my stuff wears out it will all be replaced by Husky (with the exception of my chainsaws. Those are Jonsered and will never change.) unless Stihl goes back to all 2 stroke like their newest blowers are now.