Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-12-2012, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Looking for input on pricing lawn service in south FL

I own and operate a small lawn care biz in south Fl. I have 100 weekly accounts. I charge an average of $75 dollars for a qtr acre lot with approx a 2,000 sf home on it, mowing edging string trimming and blowing are included in this price. I want to increase my rates but am a little nervous because I know that there are many companies out there doing it for less. I provide exceptional service. I treat them as if they were my own. I am looking for input from some one in south Fl doing similar accounts, what they charge and any ideas to squeeze a little more income out of these accounts with out losing my customers to the lowballers. Thanks to all replies in advance. I should also add that I run a 3 man crew. 52 inch toro z master and stihl hand tools and blowers.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do you mean $75 per month?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes $75 per month year round.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Member

wow i think i see how you got a 100 accounts,75x12=$900 how many weeks do you actually mow in florida 45 thats like $20 a week.my cheapest accounts are $35 my average is $55.but i have only 25-30 yards per week,$35 is a 1/4 acre lot.i think you have a lot of room to bump up your price,if 100x12=1200/45 is 26.6 per cut.i dont raise the price mid year but i would inform the price is going up in the spring,fuel prices are up,parts prices are up.i had to raise mine up $5 per mow this year very few customers complained becuase they knew the reasons why.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Member

I myself operate in sw fl and let me tell you with this economy $75 a month your doing good brother. Everyday I see trailers running around signed for 45-70 a month. Most of these guys are fly by night or operating illegel but people just dont care right now. Like it or not they are making it harder and harder for us to charge what a fair price should be. Good luck but id be carefull raising right now
Posted via Mobile Device