Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-18-2012, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Member

How much do they pay you? Maybe its time for a career change for me because I just cut grass and I seem to be lightyears ahead of you on how to do your job. That......you can take personally.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Well Mark, we can make this a public he said you said thing if you want. Because I am not a liar!!! You did say something about filling the front tires with something and that we may need to add weights. The only weights I know of for a mower are tractor weights!

But i will promise you tomorrow every word will be recorded! So there will be no more he said you said!!! Yeah! You are right, now my back bone is up and this should be a real interesting day tomorrow!!! Now I'm wondering if shouldn't have my attorney present. It might be in my best interest.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-18-2012, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290 View Post
How much do they pay you? Maybe its time for a career change for me because I just cut grass and I seem to be lightyears ahead of you on how to do your job. That......you can take personally.
Who was that too?

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 09-18-2012, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290 View Post
You will work with him but you already messed this up and bad. I'd never buy anything from you after this.
Sorry about that and that's ok. I could have kept my end private and let him give his version and you could accept it as gospel. Either way, I lose. Come on down to the dealership tomorrow. I will pay your fuel and buy your dinner, then you can post your review of what transpired. Mr. Craig has a little surprise that he sent me in a text.

Well, the surprise is out, now. Darn it.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have no dog in this hunt, but I think fair is fair. If someone calls you out here by forum name (or your own name), I'm betting anyone would respond as the rep did whether or not you were a rep or a customer. The OP has a very good reason to complain. He paid a lot of money for a mower, and it isn't doing as well as he expected, and is costing him money. He needs this taken care of sooner rather than later. I've been in the same boat. However, he didn't come here tonight and call out BB alone. He made it personal by calling out the rep by name, which gives the rep every right to respond in the same thread/forum IMO.

Persoanlly I think all this kind of stuff should be dealt with behind the scenes as much as possible, and until all avenues have been covered. Then IMO, it is fine to come here to let others know what you've experienced so that it might save someone else from going through it, or educate them on how to better deal with it.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Wow....just WOW! This is a hard lesson in how NOT to handle your customers.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Goodnight all. Really big day tomorrow. Just as you provide for your families, I provide for mine. We all have that in common. Who needs a career, I do this for fun!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I have no dog in this hunt, but I think fair is fair. If someone calls you out here by forum name (or your own name), I'm betting anyone would respond as the rep did whether or not you were a rep or a customer. The OP has a very good reason to complain. He paid a lot of money for a mower, and it isn't doing as well as he expected, and is costing him money. He needs this taken care of sooner rather than later. I've been in the same boat. However, he didn't come here tonight and call out BB alone. He made it personal by calling out the rep by name, which gives the rep every right to respond in the same thread/forum IMO.

Persoanlly I think all this kind of stuff should be dealt with behind the scenes as much as possible, and until all avenues have been covered. Then IMO, it is fine to come here to let others know what you've experienced so that it might save someone else from going through it, or educate them on how to better deal with it.
Thank you and goodnight, again.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

WOW is right. To be honest i don't think the OP was wrong to call the rep out by his name. Facts are facts, however the onslaught of tension between the customer and his CHOSEN mower mfg rep is wrong to be made public.

Seriously, boys play nice and come up with a solution. I'm really disappointed in BB here. They have maybe 4K in COGS on that machine and rather than kill the customer with CS, the rep is really digging hole for many potential customer to jump in. Not cool.

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 09-18-2012, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I have no dog in this hunt, but I think fair is fair. If someone calls you out here by forum name (or your own name), I'm betting anyone would respond as the rep did whether or not you were a rep or a customer. The OP has a very good reason to complain. He paid a lot of money for a mower, and it isn't doing as well as he expected, and is costing him money. he needs this taken care of sooner rather than later. I've been there, done that. However, he didn't come here tonight and call out BB alone. He made it personal by calling out the rep by name, which gives the rep every right to respond in the same thread/forum IMO.

Yes Mark the rep, not Mark the person. Anyone with his job should be able to separate the two. These are not your come and go lawn customers that you seem to feel you can talk to however you like. This is big business with big money on the line. Something you or mark don't seem to have a mind for.