Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-18-2012, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Member

in this business customer retenion is a must and that's not what happened here
Old 09-18-2012, 01:36 AM
LawnSite Member

I think craig is learning the lawn biz is not a get rich program. Leave the lawyers at home every mower need to be set up to each person.We all are different.Craig your learning keep trying and learn more about your machine we all went through something like this.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini_Fan View Post
Goodnight all. Really big day tomorrow. Just as you provide for your families, I provide for mine. We all have that in common. Who needs a career, I do this for fun!
WOW, talk about serious arrogance here. Look, you need to do a search on here for a thread under damage gravely machine or something like that. You will see how they handled their issue and you know how you handled this issue. What a contrast, to give you the cliff notes Gravely provided the ultimate CS, you on the other hand, epic fail!

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 09-18-2012, 01:43 AM
LawnSite Member

What he also doesn't seem to understand is people get fired for this kind of crap. But what does he care......he does it for fun.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Yea, I agree. I also don't agree with giving them an option that you are going to take legal matters. Your putting someone on the defensive instead of trying to work together.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree, it's never a good idea to come out of the gate threatening litigation....it puts the other party in a defensive mode. Litigation should be your last choice, but I know that people are people and sometimes we all do things that are a "knee jerk" reaction.

Hope your problem is taken care of.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290 View Post
Yes Mark the rep, not Mark the person. Anyone with his job should be able to separate the two. These are not your come and go lawn customers that you seem to feel you can talk to however you like. This is big business with big money on the line. Something you or mark don't seem to have a mind for.

You have no idea what I have a mind for my brother.

You want to make this personal with me now? You don't seem to have a mind for much of anything right now other than showing a seemingly large ego. Re-read my post. I am not taking sides here as I have already said. This crap should be dealt with off forum first, but if someone attacks someone else publicly, rep or no rep, a person has a right to defend their character on the same forum. There's no mythical difference between Mark the man, and Mark the rep. His rep as a business man was being called into question and he has every right to defend himself. If you can't see that, you have the problem understanding, not me.

As for Craig, I understand his feelings as I've already said. as well. Still, cooler heads should have prevailed until they had at least talked to each other one way or the other after the day Craig thought they were to meet had come and gone to find out if they were actually going to meet FTF afterall as Craig thought. If he had been blown off at that point, then I don't blame him for posting it all here.

You have no idea of who you are talking to on a public forum bro. I didn't attack you, and you have no reason to come off like that with me.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Craig-

I don't want you to feel like I'm bagging on you bro. Such is not the case. I just think you might have ended up with a much better outcome if you had waited a bit before posting this tonight. At least until you found out for sure if he was blowing you off entirely rather than just being late. I know when you want to get things resolved it can seem like it takes forever. Now you are both angry, and probably neither wants to really work it out with the other if the truth were told. I really hope this works out to your satisfaction.

BTW- your stripes look pretty darn good to me (on your own lawn).
Old 09-18-2012, 01:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
[/B]

You have no idea what I have a mind for my brother.

You want to make this personal with me now? You don't seem to have a mind for much of anything right now other than showing a seemingly large ego. Re-read my post. I am not taking sides here as I have already said. This crap should be dealt with off forum first, but if someone attacks someone else publicly, rep or no rep, a person has a right to defend their character on the same forum. There's no mythical difference between Mark the man, and Mark the rep. His rep as a business man was being called into question and he has every right to defend himself. If you can't see that, you have the problem understanding, not me.

As for Craig, I understand his feelings as I've already said. as well. Still, cooler heads should have prevailed until they had at least talked to each other one way or the other after the day Craig thought they were to meet had come and gone to find out if they were actually going to meet FTF afterall as Craig thought. If he had been blown off at that point, then I don't blame him for posting it all here.

You have no idea of who you are talking to on a public forum bro. I didn't attack you, and you have no reason to come off like that with me.
In your post you said fair is fair. This means you found both parties actions reasonable. I disagreed. I stand behind what I said.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290 View Post
In your post you said fair is fair. This means you found both parties actions reasonable. I disagreed. I stand behind what I said.
I don't mind others disagreeing with me, but I do mind when they start impugning me directly as you did. I got your point about him being a rep, and if this had taken place between them FTF at the dealership, but still basically for the most part in private, then yea, the rep should take the heat. That's his job. However, when it takes place where everyone is "listening" and it's not just members of this forum, but anyone who googles BB can read it, then it's a different ballgame at that point. That's why this should have all been handled offline first.

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 09-18-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:06 AM
LawnSite Member

I very much agree.