Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-12-2013, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Member

They sell you a business model and plan then you take it from there. They do corp ads and marketing for all their franchisees but they won't show up to help you blow leaves.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-12-2013, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Founded in Orlando, Florida in 1986, U.S. Lawns was developed as a way for franchise operators to provide personal service to the commercial market while maintaining the professionalism of a large corporation. Backed by the extensive resources and financial strength of ValleyCrest Companies, Inc., U.S. Lawns offers unparalleled guidance, training and support to its family of franchisees to help them succeed in the growth and operation of their business.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-12-2013, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMaintenance View Post
Founded in Orlando, Florida in 1986, U.S. Lawns was developed as a way for franchise operators to provide personal service to the commercial market while maintaining the professionalism of a large corporation. Backed by the extensive resources and financial strength of ValleyCrest Companies, Inc., U.S. Lawns offers unparalleled guidance, training and support to its family of franchisees to help them succeed in the growth and operation of their business.
Posted via Mobile Device
And what is the story behind the GG's?
Old 12-13-2013, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Same thing, they were started by the same company that franchises mr
rooter the poop pumpers. GG corporate does not cut grass.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-13-2013, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Actually, the GG's as a franchise is only three years old, the corporate arm is the Dwyer group, before they were a franchise they were a Landscape management company out of Canada. I've met all the corporate level folks and they are great group of people with sound structured systems in place, just like what a franchise is supposed to be. USL is a fine company also, but been around a lil longer.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes I read that same information on their website. They Dwyer group set it up for franchising only. They contact us weekly it seems about joining their team but until they can show me an advantage I am not interested. We have a system that works very well too, maybe we can start franchising. Anyone interested in rebranding and paying us 5% ?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-13-2013, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I think the "Advantage" comes in with the national and regional marketing team,and the support structure can you as a sole proprietor reach out across the entire country? Do you know how to bid a national level company contract? Gov't contracts? do you even know who to contact for such contracts? these are the BIG DOLLAR CONTRACTS that most want but don't know how or where to go or what to do if they did. If you were awarded a million dollar contract would you know what it would take to execute such a contract? so on and so on. If your goal is to grow as large as you can I think most people would have a distinct advantage in a franchise system IMOP. Especially in this industry, most guys that truly want to grow their companies are severely limited, most don't have the background or education level it takes to go the distance.Not degrading anyone at all, it's just the reality of it. I myself know that I need to surround myself with smarter and more successful people than myself in order to grow.

Last edited by cpllawncare; 12-13-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Those are the same comments and questions I posed above. We learned from the school of hard knocks to bid 6 figure contracts and we lost several before taking time to listen to successful landscapers in our area.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-13-2013, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMaintenance View Post
Those are the same comments and questions I posed above. We learned from the school of hard knocks to bid 6 figure contracts and we lost several before taking time to listen to successful landscapers in our area.
Posted via Mobile Device
Exactly! so why not skip the school of hard knocks and the expensive lessons it gives and get there faster?
Old 12-13-2013, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I am talking about the gg franchise is no benefit to me. We have been trying to purchase the largest USL franchise in my state from the current owners.
Posted via Mobile Device