Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-18-2012, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Neighborhood thieves or druggies? Advertise for them!

For the times police can't help you with addressing local crime consider the multitude of options to shut 'em down. An example of what I'm describing can be seen here: http://ocala.craigslist.org/vgm/3271089054.html I can't say that the culprits that stole my Turfco XT5 aerator have seen the ad I created for them but my custom sign sure has gotten their attention.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-18-2012, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I dont get it, whats this going to do?

What i also dont understand is "thieves or druggies". If someone steals something from you it makes them a thief, what does a druggie have to do with it?
Old 09-18-2012, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would think they will retaliate one way or another. Keep us updated, as this seems to a new start of something. I dare someone to call.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I love it
how did you get their info and relationship status? facebook?
Old 09-18-2012, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Interestingly enough the thieves don't stop & think that there may be retaliation from their actions probably because outside the law there usually isn't. Their mailbox gave me their address. Whitepages.com gave me their phone # & details from their address. They've asked the Sheriffs office to remove the sign. Their reply: "It's on his private property so The Sign Stays". Unique how the shoes on the other foot now.
I simply ask others what they think of the sign. Honest folks love it & the criminals at heart hate it. Its an easy way to know what kind of neighbors you really have.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-18-2012, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Who is Joey and Amanda? Are they the ones that took your aerator? How do you know they took it?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Although they live just 1/3 mile down the road, I've never met them before this. I only knew of "Crackmanda" & much less her compadre'. The sheriffs deputy tracked the footprints to their gate. Sandy roads & engaged hydrostatics were more than he'd bargained for im sure & not easy to cover his tracks. Might as well have left us breadcrumbs to follow the dragging wheels to an abandoned mobile-home.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-19-2012, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Member

How is it the police cant do anything? Sounds like they have probable cause to get a warrant to search the property.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Sponsor

Although I understand why your wanting to call out certain people for possible doing certain things, my advice would be to back off and find a more productive use for your time. I believe you are setting your self up for a law suit being brought by the very people you are accusing of a crime. Have you ever heard of defamantion of character?, how about Slander, or Liable. Ever heard of the ACLU?, they would love to defend someone like the person or persons you are trying to expose for the publicity alone.
easy-lift guy
Old 09-19-2012, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

While trailer trash (I live in a 30 year old mh myself) can have a greater tendency of being sue happy, everything you mentioned means less than nothing to me. Besides, defamation may hold if my sign wasn't absolutely true, but it is. Btw im still giggling over the first comment asking what correlation drugs have with stolen property. All I can picture is he must live within Michael Jacksons Neverland.
Posted via Mobile Device