Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-18-2012, 11:29 PM
KUtravis KUtravis is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hutchinson ks
Posts: 9
Wright 36" RH

Just got 2 36" wrights. How well do they mulch? Are the mulching kits worth the money? Anything we should look for when breaking them in?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-18-2012, 11:46 PM
chagh2.0's Avatar
chagh2.0 chagh2.0 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 145
they mulch ok not as good as the 48 but they do fine when going slow we dont mulch much here but i have the mulch kits for all my standers
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-18-2012, 11:46 PM
lifetree's Avatar
lifetree lifetree is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 5,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUtravis View Post
Just got 2 36" wrights. How well do they mulch? Are the mulching kits worth the money? Anything we should look for when breaking them in?
These sound like questions that you should have asked before you bought them !!
__________________
2007 Dixon RAM MAG 50" ZTR
2006 Dixon RAM MAG 50" ZTR
2005 Gravely 34" ZTR
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-2012, 11:56 PM
KUtravis KUtravis is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hutchinson ks
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetree View Post
These sound like questions that you should have asked before you bought them !!
Those where questions I asked but was just wanting advice from fellow professionals not a sales man. We don't mulch that much was just wondering what others thought. I know what questions to ask when purchasing.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,200
I have a kit and plate for my 36". I run the plate in summer and kit in winter. I have run the kit in summer and on lush lawns, it was subpar due to all the blowout. BUT, I also have the 15hp motor. The 36" now has an 18hp option and I'm sure those 3 extra ponies would make a world of difference. The plate with stock blades or gators works really well for me in summer and the kit with stock blades or wavy exmarks works well in winter.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Turf Dawg's Avatar
Turf Dawg Turf Dawg is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gainesville Texas
Posts: 3,651
What are you cutting? Mine works decent on St Augustine but on Bermuda the blowout is so bad I took it off. I put on a discharge cover in place of the chute and use it when I have to but other than that I discharge.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-19-2012, 09:43 AM
BeachysLawn's Avatar
BeachysLawn BeachysLawn is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
I have a kit and plate for my 36". I run the plate in summer and kit in winter. I have run the kit in summer and on lush lawns, it was subpar due to all the blowout. BUT, I also have the 15hp motor. The 36" now has an 18hp option and I'm sure those 3 extra ponies would make a world of difference. The plate with stock blades or gators works really well for me in summer and the kit with stock blades or wavy exmarks works well in winter.
Posted via Mobile Device
What he said. The kit works okay but has a super amount of blow out and does not work at all with gators. I haven't tried the wavy blades. The stock blades do okay but still tend to blow leaves etc away from the deck which makes it difficult to leave a fresh looking lawn if you are cutting anything but just grass.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 PM.

Page generated in 0.06852 seconds with 7 queries