Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-22-2012, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldsStrongestLandscaper View Post
They don't have hour meters so idk most last two seasons . It's the valves and carbs but carbs mostly.
Posted via Mobile Device
And tell me why a carb on a two stroke would last longer?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-22-2012, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
And tell me why a carb on a two stroke would last longer?
Posted via Mobile Device

4mix engines suck... just get over it
Old 09-22-2012, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroked View Post
4mix engines suck... just get over it
Highly educated response...

Yeah I know...5 years of use on two of mine, one carb rebuild and a warranty coil. Two years use one my other 3...yeah, they suck that bad.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-22-2012, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
Highly educated response...

Yeah I know...5 years of use on two of mine, one carb rebuild and a warranty coil. Two years use one my other 3...yeah, they suck that bad.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats not bad at all.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'll tell you one area that the 4 mix engines excel- with the pole pruner attachment. I was using mine tonight on some 4" birch. With all that torque, it walked right through it easy peasy. I use my FS90 for everything but a trimmer. I like the lightweight Husky 223L for almost all my trimming needs, but if I have to cut some really thick, long, tough weedy grass, the 90 excels there too.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Few things here.

First stop blaming the EPA. They are keeping us and our future generations much healthier through their regulations. You cant really tell me that you feel using a beast of a two stroke trimmer is more important than keeping your daughter cancer free. Educate yourselves...

Blame the equipment manufacturers. They are the ones that are keeping their profits high by using old dirty tech instead of putting $$$ into their R&D departments to find a cleaner more powerful technology. Have you looked at the auto industry over the past 10 years? The ford Mustang has gone from a 260 horsepower/20 mpg sports car to a 420hp/24mpg sports car... WTF??? Technology, get over the old ways!

Here's a cocaine addict explaining the throttle difference between a Stihl 2 stroke (fs250)and a 4mix (fs130). He killed a rabbit with a stick he launched with his 4mix it has so much torque and cuts snakes in halve with his 2 strokes... dudes a pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noG46...eature=related

Also a 4 mix is a 4 stroke, there are 4 distinct and separate actions the engine takes to make power. Intake/power stroke/combustion/exhaust.

Will you folks not calling the 4mix a 4 stroke be saying diesels arent an internal combustion engine because there are no spark plugs? Educate yourselves!
ECHO PB-300e
Old beast! I cant wait to
get my new decals in the mail!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutsedge View Post
Here's a cocaine addict explaining the throttle difference between a Stihl 2 stroke (fs250)and a 4mix (fs130). He killed a rabbit with a stick he launched with his 4mix it has so much torque and cuts snakes in halve with his 2 strokes... dudes a pro.

He is a little wound up, is he not? He acts like an expert but he can't even pronounce Stihl correctly. It's steel, not still.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Few things here.

First stop blaming the EPA. They are keeping us and our future generations much healthier through their regulations. You cant really tell me that you feel using a beast of a two stroke trimmer is more important than keeping your daughter cancer free. Educate yourselves...

Blame the equipment manufacturers. They are the ones that are keeping their profits high by using old dirty tech instead of putting $$$ into their R&D departments to find a cleaner more powerful technology. Have you looked at the auto industry over the past 10 years? The ford Mustang has gone from a 260 horsepower/20 mpg sports car to a 420hp/24mpg sports car... WTF??? Technology, get over the old ways!

Also a 4 mix is a 4 stroke, there are 4 distinct and separate actions the engine takes to make power. Intake/power stroke/combustion/exhaust.

Will you folks not calling the 4mix a 4 stroke be saying diesels arent an internal combustion engine because there are no spark plugs? Educate yourselves!

The EPA is nothing more than another branch of the government that has it's hand in our pockets. They are strangling our economy and making it all but impossible for any company out there to make a quality product because they change the regs as soon as anyone can meet their rules. They may have started off as a good idea, but they have become as greedy and corrupt as any big business. They are only there now to protect the governments interests, not ours.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Few things here.

Although I agree with many of your points, I don't really agree with you about the EPA. Another over funded govt entitity much like the ATF...I do agree that sometimes we need a little regulation (most folks are not self regulating) they have become over bearing at this point because the left thinks we are destroying the world with hydrocarbons...ethanol is a good example...you pay for it at the pump and at the grocery store with higher food prices.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-23-2012, 04:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
The 4 mix is a two stroke of a sort. Depends on who you ask but I get different feed back from different dealers on what these hand helds are classified and they do seem to be a hybred.
The only thing a 4 mix shares with its 2 stroke counterpart I mixed fuel Deukster, same basic parts as your mower engines just a different way of lubricating. The reason for this type of lubrication is that it requires less maintenance, it's lighter and it allows the engine to run upside down. I know the Hondas with a sump can run upside down, but they have a lubrication system that is a little more complicated.
Posted via Mobile Device