Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-22-2012, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm actually impressed with your response...i figured u would have come on here with a very negative rebuttal avoiding any of the points made...i'm glad you realize badboy is alright, i personally have never heard anything negative, until lawnsite with the "deleted threads." our county just replaced all of their John Deere's with badboys because JD apparently discontinued diesels? for the models they wanted...the price was much better and the mowers have been great, thus far...i feel like badboy is an up and coming company...i personally don't use badboy or really care about them either way, i am just calling it like i see it...anyhow, sounds like you guys got things figured out
Old 09-22-2012, 01:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
i'm actually impressed with your response...i figured u would have come on here with a very negative rebuttal avoiding any of the points made...i'm glad you realize badboy is alright, i personally have never heard anything negative
I was mad at Bad Boy for not responding to my emails. I don't like talking on the phone because it is inconvenient! I love to email and text, because i can do other things, and when I get a minute I can reply at my convenience. I am not listening to someone chatting my ear off, although I can and will chat your ear in person.

So I was mad about that. In was mad with the kid, because I was in sales and I would tell you when you were about to make a mistake. I loss a few sales because someone wanted something that was totally wrong for them and I refused to sell it to them. I would take them to the manager and tell them what was going on and if they wanted to sell them great, but it wouldn't be on me! When I was the sales manager I'd cut you lose if you were wanting something wrong. So I expect the same in return and i usually can read a salesman well enough I know when they are yes man. HATE A YES MAN!!! The kid was firm with me, which usually means someone is speaking from experience and are confident they are right. So when I asked will it handle me with my weight, and he answered yes sir and it well perform well. His confidence sold me.

Know, I never said Bad Boy made Bad Products, just that their Stander model was not good, as it is not good for me! It's not Bad Boy's fault the kid sold me the wrong mower. I walked in with $9,000 in my pocket, and my credit score was 845 so I could have bought any mower I wanted. Still can! I financed it because it was recommend and to use the cash to build the business and as a safety net. Good thing I did, because needed the cash for personal matters.

I just learned some companies lease mowers, if I knew about that, I would have NEVER bought a mower! Leasing is far superior to buying for a business! You only pay for the part of the product you use, you are always under warranty, you always have the latest and greatest, and the tax advantages out weigh those of buying! You buy things that gain in value and leasing those that depreciate in value.

So I be looking how I can get rid of this mower and get one that will be more productive!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-22-2012, 01:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i recently found out leasing may not be such a bad idea also, for the reasons you stated...something i'm going to look into, just doesn't quite seem right to me at the moment though...
Old 09-22-2012, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

IMO, leasing is only good when comparing it to making payments. It's always best to pay cash for anything you buy whenever possible. I know it isn't always possible though, so I understand how leasing can be beneficial for those who must make payments.

It has never set well with me though, knowing that a person can have a lot of stuff, but not own any of it. Seems like that was a big part of the reason the country got into trouble in the first place- too many people wanting and getting more than they can afford.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
IMO, leasing is only good when comparing it to making payments. It's always best to pay cash for anything you buy whenever possible. I know it isn't always possible though, so I understand how leasing can be beneficial for those who must make payments.

It has never set well with me though, knowing that a person can have a lot of stuff, but not own any of it. Seems like that was a big part of the reason the country got into trouble in the first place- too many people wanting and getting more than they can afford.
Yeah, you wouldn't believe how many people finance furniture, vacuums, silly projects and many more I'm. That's all I hear on the radio is interest free til 2020 or whenever for furniture, beds and appliance. If you can afford a couch then sit on the hard floor or go earn money.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-22-2012, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Most businesses lease their office furniture, office equipment, hi-los, robots, and the latest and greatest, their employees! So if big business is doing it, why not grounds care? As the lessee you always have the latest and greatest equipment! All your equipment is maintained and serviced by the lease company, and you get all the tax write offs!!! Plus if you want to buy a piece of well maintained equipment cheap, you can buy it!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-23-2012, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Member

What works for large a company.Does not really work for small companies.Leasing is one of them dealers will do this but usually for more than one mower.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslawncareservice View Post
Yeah, you wouldn't believe how many people finance furniture, vacuums, silly projects and many more I'm. That's all I hear on the radio is interest free til 2020 or whenever for furniture, beds and appliance. If you can afford a couch then sit on the hard floor or go earn money.
Posted via Mobile Device
No kidding , Last week I pulled out 1500 cash from my bank and the girl asks if im going on vacation ( like getting cash is illegal or something and besides that blotch is looking at my acct on the puter so its not like i am ballin...) I said no and that I would need more for a vacation then that. She then points at a lil sign and tells me about vacation loans ....I laughed out loud and shook my head.

A loan for a vacation ....jezzzus
Old 09-23-2012, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
No kidding , Last week I pulled out 1500 cash from my bank and the girl asks if im going on vacation ( like getting cash is illegal or something and besides that blotch is looking at my acct on the puter so its not like i am ballin...) I said no and that I would need more for a vacation then that. She then points at a lil sign and tells me about vacation loans ....I laughed out loud and shook my head.

That's just about the stupidest thing I've ever hear of. I can just hear them when you go to buy a new mower or truck- "I'm sorry to tell you this Mr.----- but we can't approve you for a new mower loan. Your debt to income ratio is still too high. Looks like you're still carrying $50,000 in debt from your past vacation loans."
Old 09-23-2012, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post

Never heard of that. How dumb. Then you have to work your tail off to pay it back. Some probably barrow once its paid off for another vacation. Like a little cycle. Or file bankruptcy
Posted via Mobile Device