Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-24-2003, 02:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Re: sounds like ford dealer here

Quote:
Originally posted by dlandscaping
I went to get a new PSD reg cab 350. It was an 02, a loaded XLT the right color and everything that i wanted. They were offering free plows with purchase of superduty. The sticker was like $36k and invoice $31500. My trade (95 f250 that i have $12k invested in) was valued at $6500. He worked out the numbers and came up with a total of $31000. How? i dont know it just amazed me. i looked at it, said are u sure? and walked out. Had it been 20-24k i would have signed the papers that day.
This sounds like the same thing that happened to me in April of last year. I paid off my GMC, and went (to this same dealer) and discussed a trade-in. My truck has some minor dents, and the seats are torn. I priced a paint job at $950, and to recover the seats is about $175. If that was done, it would look new. Absolutely no, (none!, nada!, zero!, 0!) mechanical defects on this truck, 53k miles, new tires, and if you lift the hood, it looks brand new: no oil, grease, or dirt.

My personal property bill is based on NADA book trade-in which says my truck was worth $8400. I figured take $1200 off of that, and I should expect them to offer between $6-7k. They offered me $2000!! I was so mad I couldn't talk. I just asked for my keys and left. I didn't remember this until just now, but I won't be going back to that dealer again. If they end up the last Chevy dealer here, I'll drive to NC.

BTW, another dealership offered me the same truck for $100 less, and $4000 in trade without even seeing it. I almost bought that, but since I don't "need" a new truck, I think I'll just wait. I think I'll take $3 or 4k in cash and sell my truck outright.

Endless Summer Lawn Care
Portsmouth, VA