Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-25-2012, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Side Work Landscaping

Hello All-
I have tried a few different searches, but wasn't able to find what I was looking for so I thought I would give this site a shot.
Thanks to all those who have posted on the forum as it looks like a gold mine of advice and knowledge.

I had a landscape business for several years, several years back. Recently, I started doing some jobs again on the weekends, mostly patios right now, and am wondering what I am on the hook for.

I do the work under a new LLC I formed that is insured, however, I am doing these jobs without a contract.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with, and I definitely don't expect anything to happen, but if something did go wrong in the sense that the patio sank or someone claimed down the road there was an issue and they wanted it fixed, is there any implied warranty or anything they could come after me with.

I am pretty sure the answer is no, but I just wanted to see if anyone has anymore insight on this before I get in deeper than I had planned. My current rate is a pretty darn good deal for them, and it is an association full of patios that need to get replaced, but if I need to warrant them I may reconsider as i am not charging enough to be able too and plan on traveling for an extended period next year.

Thanks!