Register free!

Old 09-24-2012, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Florida commercial l/o test application issue

I am getting back into the landscape business with a friend who is currently working for a big landscape company. He is licensed through the company via dept of eptmology/pest. His license will count, however he runs maintenance division and doesnt actively spray lawns. I am under the impression he has to have 45 documented treatments along with the 24 semester credits, one year experience, and the company he works
For has to sign off on application. My question is how to avoid being "boxed in" a's the company will obviously know he is leaving if pursuing a commercial applicators license yet they have to sign off on it? Not to mention his new business will obviously be is the same location and thus competition. He already has been licensed for 6 months and is starting the classes but we have hit a wall with this one. Seems like a pretty closed loop system as it is hard for existing businesses to stop
And work for someone else for 1-3 years a's well a's get them to sign off in order to take an exam that will essentially make them competition. Please help as we are dead set on offering this service. Thanks for any feedback
Posted via Mobile Device