Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-05-2013, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

but some guys down south are getting wicked busy right now.

UGH HUH!!!!!! That's for sure
Old 03-10-2013, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a fairly new user, having signed up in late January and not really "using" it until the past couple weeks.

Just tonight I prepared a document to send out to previous customers. All was good, got the letter the way I wanted it and everything and then clicked save at the bottom. It kicked me back to the login screen. Upon logging back in I went to the documents and what I had just written was nowhere.

This is not the first problem I've had since using this software. I'm starting to get a little nervous about using this software. Our web designer is currently setting everything up with the client portal and request a quote/contact us link. I don't know, I'm on the fence about just pulling the plug in this "experiment". I can't imagine customers having problems with the portal like I'm having with the software itself. They won't put up with it and I'm wondering if I should either.

Sorry, venting a little. Are these problems common? Do your customers ever have problems with glitches and stuff using the portal? The software costs too much for the problems and there is too much on the line as far as our customer service/relationships go to go into each day hoping the software operates correctly. OK, back to writing that letter.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was really excited to jump into SAP over the winter. I kept researching it and dragging my feet and luckily so. It has been nothing but bad news and people jumping ship the past couple of months.

I ended up going with jobber because they look like they are moving in the right direction. I don't think they have everything SAP does but I feel they have the drive to get there. I guess we'll see over the next 12 months how many things come true. I have been waiting on a reply to a couple of questions now for a few days though...
Old 03-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Sponsor

BLC1,

Are you waiting for a reply to a support ticket? We don't have any record of an outstanding question that is several days old — our support turn-around through the helpdesk is very fast, and monitored closely to ensure high service levels. Any ticket that ages past a certain point is escalated in urgency so that it is responded to immediately.

Sometimes people send e-mail to the personal e-mail addresses of the people on our team, however we get many hundreds of inquiries at those addresses, so replies tend to be slower. The helpdesk is always the number one priority —*if you haven't already, please open a support ticket by clicking 'Support' in the application or e-mailing support@getjobber.com.

Cheers,
Sam @ Jobber

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Email: info@getjobber.com
Web: www.getjobber.com
Toll Free: 1-888-721-1115
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 03-11-2013, 11:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sam,

Thanks for looking into that. Everything has been covered.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kppurn View Post
I'm a fairly new user, having signed up in late January and not really "using" it until the past couple weeks.

Just tonight I prepared a document to send out to previous customers. All was good, got the letter the way I wanted it and everything and then clicked save at the bottom. It kicked me back to the login screen. Upon logging back in I went to the documents and what I had just written was nowhere.

This is not the first problem I've had since using this software. I'm starting to get a little nervous about using this software. Our web designer is currently setting everything up with the client portal and request a quote/contact us link. I don't know, I'm on the fence about just pulling the plug in this "experiment". I can't imagine customers having problems with the portal like I'm having with the software itself. They won't put up with it and I'm wondering if I should either.

Sorry, venting a little. Are these problems common? Do your customers ever have problems with glitches and stuff using the portal? The software costs too much for the problems and there is too much on the line as far as our customer service/relationships go to go into each day hoping the software operates correctly. OK, back to writing that letter.
First rule of using anything internet based is always save your work. Thats going to apply to anything you do. As for client portal problems, were currently using it and have had zero issues with it.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_Birmingham View Post
First rule of using anything internet based is always save your work. Thats going to apply to anything you do. As for client portal problems, were currently using it and have had zero issues with it.
He's said he did click save......
Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have become super frustrated with SAP. Now my packages will not show up on the waiting list, I have to write fertilizing route sheets by hand on a blank piece of paper. Every day it seems like it is something new, but now they are things that affect day to day operations. Not to mention I've been waiting a month for a reply from the web designer, I get to start the season without my re-vamped website. It looks like I will be taking a hard look at jobber.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Member

One time though?? Isn't that something you learned when you first started using computers is to save you work often. Nothing is full proof when it comes to computers
Old 03-11-2013, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

For those of you using jobber, how is the scheduling? How does it handle Fertilizing and weed control accounts? The package system in SAP was the best I've seen so far for that type of service, if it would work...

Does it allow you to set specif service days for clients, so if you have to push a day for rain, they will be scheduled on the correct day the following week?