Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-23-2012, 05:37 AM
Briankook Briankook is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: BIRDSBORO PA
Posts: 9
Here are pros and cons in my opinion of Service Autopilot:
Pros:
Excellent support team (they want to help)
It's constantly improving
Mobile functionality
Built on new technology
Easy to learn
Syncs with Quickbooks well
Automates billing
Can attach pics, images, contracts, etc to client and/or job
Excellent scheduling functionality
Can have new leads push from your website into system

Cons:
Monthly charge
Cannot add new services or materials to Quickbooks
Cannot 'hide' line items on invoice but have them calculated
Cannot send out renewal letters based on scheduled services like QX
Sales report doesn't seem to work

Verdict...SA will be excellent in another year or so after the improvements are made. I think they will be my choice for scheduling and billing software.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-27-2012, 07:40 AM
HBFOXJr HBFOXJr is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by klsgc View Post
Anyone use it for feet and squirt only? Can you send renewal letters to all the active clients during renewal time? I currently use qxpress and it is awesome for routing and scheduling but is terrible for lead tracking. Anyone come over from qxpress?
Posted via Mobile Device
I came from 10 yrs of QX and have no regrets. Lot's of good improvements and a few small drawbacks. I was running the enterprise version of QX. Upside potential or plan for SA looks very good with the next release.
__________________
Harold
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-27-2012, 01:09 PM
AdkadTechnologies's Avatar
AdkadTechnologies AdkadTechnologies is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankook View Post
Here are pros and cons in my opinion of Service Autopilot:
Pros:
Excellent support team (they want to help)
It's constantly improving
Mobile functionality
Built on new technology
Easy to learn
Syncs with Quickbooks well
Automates billing
Can attach pics, images, contracts, etc to client and/or job
Excellent scheduling functionality
Can have new leads push from your website into system

Cons:
Monthly charge
Cannot add new services or materials to Quickbooks
Cannot 'hide' line items on invoice but have them calculated
Cannot send out renewal letters based on scheduled services like QX
Sales report doesn't seem to work

Verdict...SA will be excellent in another year or so after the improvements are made. I think they will be my choice for scheduling and billing software.
Posted via Mobile Device
That is very helpful to break down the pros and cons that way for any product, but especially software. Software companies have to recognize that in many ways we are a big part of your business and if we cannot support you then we aren't doing our job and we aren't of much use.
__________________


Adkad Technologies
GroundsKeeper Pro Business Software
www.adkad.com
(P) 800.586.4683
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 AM
godjwood godjwood is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: RI
Posts: 125
This is my first season using it. Overall- Great, saves me tons of time.

Pros:
-Excellent customer service (if it wasn't for this, I would never have stayed considering the cons below)
-Leads from website automatically entered as leads, leads easily converted to clients. Eliminates data entry in these areas. Saves a lot of time
-Invoicing so much faster than my old excel & quickbooks copy paste system.
-Good system for "waiting list" jobs & recurring work with no specific set data, eg fertilizing
-Charging credit cards a breeze
-Email templates saves tons of time

Cons:
-Glitches in almost all areas of system
-Long learning curve
-Takes a long time to set up your company
-Not user friendly or intuitive
-Many areas not fine tuned, like betas. You kind of have to feel your way through it and figure out what systems work for you.

But like others said, they have a huge update coming out soon that they have been releasing videos on which looks amazing, can't wait for it.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-05-2012, 09:44 PM
ddmcintosh1 ddmcintosh1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Milan MI
Posts: 11
Were you able to transfer your Qxpress data into Service Autopilot? I'm currently using Qxpress but just feel like it's losing advancement in the software field. Looking around but very nervous to switch and lose all my customer data.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-05-2012, 11:17 PM
cpllawncare's Avatar
cpllawncare cpllawncare is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmcintosh1 View Post
Were you able to transfer your Qxpress data into Service Autopilot? I'm currently using Qxpress but just feel like it's losing advancement in the software field. Looking around but very nervous to switch and lose all my customer data.
Do you not do backups? I have my customer data in more than one place for this very reason.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-06-2012, 09:41 AM
ddmcintosh1 ddmcintosh1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Milan MI
Posts: 11
Yes, I back everything up, but the last time I switched software my old customer data could not be imported into my new software, therefore, I lost 7 years worth of customer history. I still had it in a different location but I want it in only one location so I'm not switching back and forth.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 AM
HBFOXJr HBFOXJr is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,699
data transfer to SA from other apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmcintosh1 View Post
Yes, I back everything up, but the last time I switched software my old customer data could not be imported into my new software, therefore, I lost 7 years worth of customer history. I still had it in a different location but I want it in only one location so I'm not switching back and forth.
Yes data can be moved. Also, your quick books history for the client appears to you essentially lose nothing.
__________________
Harold
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-06-2012, 11:01 AM
ddmcintosh1 ddmcintosh1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Milan MI
Posts: 11
The info I'm most worried about losing is all of the job cost info, ex. how long each job took vs. estimated time, etc. All billing info is already in QB because I invoice thru QB, but I don't do job costing thru QB right now, I only do job costing thru Qxpress. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:55 PM
cpllawncare's Avatar
cpllawncare cpllawncare is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmcintosh1 View Post
The info I'm most worried about losing is all of the job cost info, ex. how long each job took vs. estimated time, etc. All billing info is already in QB because I invoice thru QB, but I don't do job costing thru QB right now, I only do job costing thru Qxpress. Thanks for your help.
I would think you could export data out of Qxpress as well?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.08637 seconds with 8 queries