Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-08-2014, 02:49 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Erm why don't you guys just use Clip that has all the features and functions you are frustrated waiting for and has had them for years?

Complaints I hear about CLIP is you had to pay for it monthly…. but so do you with SA…. so why still use something that you aren't happy with, when something else has been out thats better and has been tested for over a decade?

If you don't mind me asking.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYScapes View Post
thats the problem. Alot of improvements in the pipeline but very slow to actually make them happen.

I think he means well but that doesnt get things done!

Im so close to moving to real green its not funny!

I am gonna demo real green this week!! I am really getting frustrated with SAP. it is a great program , but with each update I find it waste more of my time because as you mentioned... they keep moving buttons and removing some that I loved using. Not to mention the chem tracking and the estimate... and they could also really benefit from better contract forms as well. I am finding each day more and more I become unhappy about... and for what I pay.. I would expect a little more. I still dont know the cost of RG but at this point... I am willing to go there.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Rg

only buy real green if you plan on growing your business. RG is the best software out there for LCO. if your not wanting to grow your business (more than 400 customers) then you might think the price it high. Rg paid for itself in the first year i had it. was a no brainer after that. and no i dont work there...
Walk Spreaders
Spray Tanks
Ride on Spreaders/Sprayers
Blowers
Aerators
Old 02-09-2014, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No chem tracking is particularly frustrating for me. lucky for me i have few of those accounts now anyways.. so hopefully by the time i do have more fert accounts they will have chem tracking. I think the basic functions of SAP are fine, i am taking it that the pro version is where there is more issues?? I haven't really had any big issues so far.. I do notice that sometimes when i dispatch jobs or re-schedule jobs it will auto create the invoices as if they are complete (when they actually aren't).. this seems to happen randomly.. I don't like that very much. thats all i need is a customer logging into the portal seeing a balance for work i didn't even do yet that is just dispatched. I am still learning this software though. For the price i can't complain though!! MUCH better than how i was doing it before. If i can ever grow my business enough to justify RG, i'd probably give that a shot as well... It seems to be the standard for the larger companies in my area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGuysLC View Post
I am gonna demo real green this week!! I am really getting frustrated with SAP. it is a great program , but with each update I find it waste more of my time because as you mentioned... they keep moving buttons and removing some that I loved using. Not to mention the chem tracking and the estimate... and they could also really benefit from better contract forms as well. I am finding each day more and more I become unhappy about... and for what I pay.. I would expect a little more. I still dont know the cost of RG but at this point... I am willing to go there.

Servicing Dallas, Acworth, Kennesaw, & Woodstock, Ga
Old 02-09-2014, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree....the basic functional aspect is great. They just keep moving things...just like the setting. There was once a setting tab and it controlled all the settings menu. Now ...there is a settings tab under every other tab. I just want one place to go for settings....period. I have yet o understand the time clock on the home page now?? Who is clocking in?? The crews are on mobiles.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2014, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Client Portal

Does anybody use this feature? If so, how do you like it? How do your clients like it? Which processing company did you go with? Do you have to go with a company or can you just use the portal so your customers can check their balances.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-18-2014, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i use it, and i use bluepay. it works great.. customers like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMLAWNCARE View Post
Does anybody use this feature? If so, how do you like it? How do your clients like it? Which processing company did you go with? Do you have to go with a company or can you just use the portal so your customers can check their balances.

Thanks in advance

Old 02-18-2014, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Their website mentions the mobile app is coming out next month.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

A question for those of you who use SAP for your website and email. Have you been able to sync your email with your Iphone or Ipad? I can see my email on those devices but if I delete or send from them its not updated on the server.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

does anybody else that uses the client portal notice that the login page for the client portal isn't fully secure? This has turned off many of my clients from paying online. I didn't know if it was just my site or others were the same? i assume they are all the same.