Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-27-2012, 01:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Lesco 34 Inch Stander

Does anyone know if the Lesco 34 comes in rapid height or is it fixed deck?

If not, does anyone know of any 36 or sub-36 inch mowers that can do 9mph+ and have rapid height? The 36 Wright stander is on my list as of now but the Lesco is apparently much shorter which can give me more options when playing trailer tetris.

Looking for a compact and versatile mower that can still manage a few acreages, but HAMMER off the quarter/half acre lots.

Thanks
Old 09-27-2012, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodaggin View Post
Does anyone know if the Lesco 34 comes in rapid height or is it fixed deck?

If not, does anyone know of any 36 or sub-36 inch mowers that can do 9mph+ and have rapid height? The 36 Wright stander is on my list as of now but the Lesco is apparently much shorter which can give me more options when playing trailer tetris.

Looking for a compact and versatile mower that can still manage a few acreages, but HAMMER off the quarter/half acre lots.

Thanks
I've asked questions on the lesco and never got any feedback so let me help ya out. the lesco is a great mower mines a 34 only comes in fixed deck but its pretty difficult to scalp due to the small deck size it has the 19 HP Kawasaki which allows this thing to cruise at 12 mph this will be my first year using it for clean ups but I think it will do good due to the 19 Kawasaki I feel like this deck has a lot of suction and it stripes exceptionally well only down fall is that it tears the yard up due to the small wheels you just have to turn a little slower. also it has somewhat of a suspension plate but nothing like the grandstand. I bought my lesco "used" with 4 hours for 4k. hope this helps
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2012, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Helps a bunch and confirms what I was already seeing from the limited info available on them. Do you know if they are still manufacturing them in the US? I'm in Canada and they discontinued production this year.

One more question. 12mph, really?! It only says 9 on the website specs, you think she hums even faster?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodaggin View Post
Helps a bunch and confirms what I was already seeing from the limited info available on them. Do you know if they are still manufacturing them in the US? I'm in Canada and they discontinued production this year.

One more question. 12mph, really?! It only says 9 on the website specs, you think she hums even faster?
ya it is 9mph sorry about that. yes they did discontinue them because john Deere bought lesco and john Deere makes the quik trak stand on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2012, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Member

No worries you had be super excited. lol Thanks for the info, we'll see what happens!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 36'' RH stander with 18hp kawasaki. it's a pretty good mower, definitely maneuverable but as i'm sure with most 36'' standers the deck is really only maybe a couple inches wider than the wheelbase. this does create some need around smaller features to back up a little, reposition, and continue around. especially on round landscaping or trees. if you don't do that you'll just drag your tires around the obstacle. as far as cut quality it's pretty good. above 3'' on a thin yard it starts to diminish some. i think thats probably alot of mowers though, the decks work best with thick grass to keep the vacuum up. start getting patchy areas and vacuum diminishes. I don't really notice the rutting too bad unless the ground is really wet or the grass is really thin. change up your pattern and don't run the recommended 18psi in tires. I run more like 10 and it gets you a flatter footprint, 18psi they look like motorcycle tires. everyone says the RH's are worse on hills, which i believe. it'll go straight up and down but sideways can get hairy when they get steep. forget turning around on sideways on a hill.

my bottom line i wouldn't trade the RH for anything, it's nice to be able to change the height yard to yard depending on the customer and condition of it, and also for curbs, loading onto trailer, and obstacles you might run into that you need to go over like tree roots.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Kawakx,

I know this is a huge favor, but if you get a chance, can you measure the diagonal distance from the front wheel to the outside back wheel? I'm trying to see if it will fit sideways in my enclosed trailer. I have 68.5 inches to work with and am wondering if it would be able to make the turn from forward, to sideways which is why I'm contemplating that diagonal line.

I know it's a huge favor, but if you check back and get bored I would love to know. I'm in Canada and our dealers stock absolutely nothing up here.

Thanks for replying nonetheless guys. You're a great help.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

sorry i just saw this, if i have forgotten to measure it in the next day or so send me a pm and remind me, i don't mind doing it at all
Old 09-30-2012, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Awesome thanks so much and will do. I'm assuming it's a Wright 36? In any event, HUGE help!!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

yes it is a 36'' RH stander, i've gotta mow this afternoon so hopefully i'll remember to measure it