Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-30-2012, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catpride22 View Post
You know i was just trying to give this fella some what i thought was good advise,i see how people bring back loaners/demo's in my area and i dont care how much money there taking off the price im not buying it.But as usual people on this web site just want to attack people instead of saying maybe there is some truth to what the guy is saying.Im not a newbie to this industry been mowing for 25 years,and just for your info i get a new mower every 1500 hrs now you can laugh and almost spill your coffee and make stupid remarks like a bunch of high school bullies,but i made some valid points and when your demo with 500 hrs on it has a pump or spindle go out early you will know why.You know every new member here has some good info on something but if members just make fun of them because they think differant than then them they will just take there info somewhere else,i personaly have alot of new and old equipment and would be scared to dare tell about it because some member may laugh at me or say thats stupid.You guys need to rethink your hazing process.

Come on! YOu said the mower was dead because of 200 demo hours. Whether it took a little or alot of additional abuse during that time, chances are it will show up during a typical 2 year warranty or in my case, Toro warranty is 5 years 1200 hours. Not to mention youre getting around 2k off the price.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by catpride22 View Post
You know i was just trying to give this fella some what i thought was good advise,i see how people bring back loaners/demo's in my area and i dont care how much money there taking off the price im not buying it.But as usual people on this web site just want to attack people instead of saying maybe there is some truth to what the guy is saying.Im not a newbie to this industry been mowing for 25 years,and just for your info i get a new mower every 1500 hrs now you can laugh and almost spill your coffee and make stupid remarks like a bunch of high school bullies,but i made some valid points and when your demo with 500 hrs on it has a pump or spindle go out early you will know why.You know every new member here has some good info on something but if members just make fun of them because they think differant than then them they will just take there info somewhere else,i personaly have alot of new and old equipment and would be scared to dare tell about it because some member may laugh at me or say thats stupid.You guys need to rethink your hazing process.
You made a number of really good points in this post, many of which had more to do with manners, than mowers.

You are like myself, I want new, so if there is a problem, it is my problem, and not one somebody else started for me, but this is no more than a matter of preference from different people.

Some people want the $500 off a going price, whereas with myself, I want new, and this is nothing but a difference in people, and not to say one way is better than the other.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
It may have been demoed, but with 180 hrs., I'd say its been in a loaner lineup. I would think it to be very hard to put 180 hrs. on a demo mower without it being sold long before that high number of hrs. rolled over.
I agree it was used as a loaner, and who plays nice with loaners? I know I don't, nor do I play nice with demos. Just my opnion. 200 hours is a lot for a demo, we could have bought a demo with 210 hours with a brand new deck for 3k off book. To me that is too many hours with ? different operators "testing the limits" of that machine.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
You made a number of really good points in this post, many of which had more to do with manners, than mowers.

You are like myself, I want new, so if there is a problem, it is my problem, and not one somebody else started for me, but this is no more than a matter of preference from different people.

Some people want the $500 off a going price, whereas with myself, I want new, and this is nothing but a difference in people, and not to say one way is better than the other.

I guess I'll say it again. $2000 off the going price.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So did you buy them?
Old 09-30-2012, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
That's a no brainer, $2-k off plus 2 yr warranty
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-30-2012, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
I just threw $500 out there because most all demos I see are sold by 25 hrs. or less, and that would be roughly 10 demos. Most dealers don't want you running a mower over a couple of hours, my dealer takes them out, and many times never picks them up, they're sold immediately. I would say my dealer has never had a demo mower go over 50 hrs. if that, they sell them to fast.

My dealer brought me a new (.6 hrs. on the meter) 35 hp, 72" Hustler Super Z to run, but this 15 mph machine will cut an unbelievable amount of grass in 1 hr. I did not buy that particular mower, but a person from the next state below (SC), bought the mower two weeks later. I bought the same mower about three weeks back and the mower had a special build classification. I ordered the mower before they would build it because of having the 35 hp Kawasaki and a 72" deck. They don't sell many of that particular machine, my dealer said he had only sold two this year, but a ton of the same mower with a 60" deck, not many people want a mower with a 72" deck.

The $2000 figure is about right for a deduction from going price of a mower with that number of hours. My dealer told me he uses a $10 per hour figure for depreciation when trading for name brand mowers, and more for a lesser known name brand.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

The $2000 figure is about right for a deduction from going price of a mower with that number of hours. My dealer told me he uses a $10 per hour figure for depreciation when trading for name brand mowers, and more for a lesser known name brand.
Wow I'm glad I don't trade with him. I usually trade around 2-2500 hours. That would be rough paying him several thousand for taking my trade........
Old 09-30-2012, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have seen guys to popping mini 'wheelies' over and over, demolition derby, off road adventures, towing/pulling heavy equipment, running over large rocks on purpose, with loaner mowers.

People treat demo mowers with more respect since they only have them out for 3 hrs and dealers seem to check over the machine more.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
So did you buy them?
Thats what happens with these posts it just becomes a battle of opinions and no one even cares about the origanal post,that poor guy is probaly scared to say what choice he made.