Register free!

Old 03-29-2015, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

eco lawn top dressers at auction

I was at a lare lawn equipment auction yesterday. Geared towards commercial and golf course guys. There was 2 eco lawn top dressers there. A 2014 dual spinner about 20hrs went for 2600. A 2012 single spinner went for 1900. I had a price for 1500 I would bid to. Both low use and bought by older guys (most likely golf course guys).

Just thought the price and condition said something about the Market, very small niche.

Has anyone else seen them at auction?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-01-2015, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Haven't seen them at auction but those are cheap going prices. I bought the Eco200 new last year for $5500. I feel that is overpriced though...but I needed a tax wo.

I have mixed reviews of the Eco so far. I bought it for compost apps, and it just will not handle any material with any sort of moisture in it. Spreads fairly dry compost like a dream though. You need a highly processed high quality dry compost source OR be able to process your own like you want. Because of this, if I cannot source good compost this season, I may end up selling the machine. Tougher deal than I thought when I first started out with this.
09 Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36"
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
2 Husqvarna 125B Blowers
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 04-01-2015, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I figured if I got one at $1500 or under it would be worth buying. If it didn't pan out getting my $1500 back would be easy to do.

On a side note the dual spreader that was sold came from rochester, mn area. he sold his biz, so you might be the only one in that area with one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2015, 05:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

[
I bought a turfco last year for 500 from a golf course in my area. Low use runs great but not sure how well these work. Looks as though you can run anything in it.

QUOTE=djagusch;5227854]I figured if I got one at $1500 or under it would be worth buying. If it didn't pan out getting my $1500 back would be easy to do.

On a side note the dual spreader that was sold came from rochester, mn area. he sold his biz, so you might be the only one in that area with one.
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2015, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The Turfco metermatic will run wetter material much better than the Eco. Just does not have nearly as wide of spread path.
09 Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36"
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
2 Husqvarna 125B Blowers
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 04-04-2015, 07:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Fortunately I finally have a pole barn where I can dry and/or blend my material otherwise tarping/untarping was a total pain. If you see a Bannerman power topper going cheap please let me know. I'd loved buying those two Eco's for that, especially the 200. I think I'd like to start offering top dressing as an annual contract but only using the small Bannerman drop spreader as I run my route then use the 100 Eco on total coverage jobs as I do now. I seem to run the Eco in circles whenever I'm trying to go real heavy on one given area. That's the only thing I miss about running the Turfcos.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2015, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't used it yet. I may use it on my lawn this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.neusbaum View Post
Fortunately I finally have a pole barn where I can dry and/or blend my material otherwise tarping/untarping was a total pain. If you see a Bannerman power topper going cheap please let me know. I'd loved buying those two Eco's for that, especially the 200. I think I'd like to start offering top dressing as an annual contract but only using the small Bannerman drop spreader as I run my route then use the 100 Eco on total coverage jobs as I do now. I seem to run the Eco in circles whenever I'm trying to go real heavy on one given area. That's the only thing I miss about running the Turfcos.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2015, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.neusbaum View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Same auction but last year I bought the banner man mini top dresser for $10.
Posted via Mobile Device