Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Well to me this sounds like you are allowing this so called friend do work under your company insurance as a sub contractor?? If so dumb move! Also if you know for sure he slipped back to his old ways you better do some fast talking to that HO. Even if this guy is self insured and he still slipped back to his old ways useing, you owe that customer a explanation of what you know and not sit back and allow this guy to do that job. Allow the customer a chance to make a decision of who he wants to do the job. You stated you make some money off this person? If so you owe it to them to be trustworthy in appretiation of their generosity as a PT customer. A POed customer will ruin you faster than a friend. More than friendship is riding here you owe it to your business before friends.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey I have owned several pitbulls and never had one turn on me. The one other dog I have owned other than a pitbull was a beagle and that dog bit me my wife my daughter, other dogs, eventually we gave her to another family and she attacked all of them as well. I Actually kind of empathized with you until I read that sentence. Carry on.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne 55 View Post
Well to me this sounds like you are allowing this so called friend do work under your company insurance as a sub contractor?? If so dumb move! Also if you know for sure he slipped back to his old ways you better do some fast talking to that HO. Even if this guy is self insured and he still slipped back to his old ways useing, you owe that customer a explanation of what you know and not sit back and allow this guy to do that job. Allow the customer a chance to make a decision of who he wants to do the job. You stated you make some money off this person? If so you owe it to them to be trustworthy in appretiation of their generosity as a PT customer. A POed customer will ruin you faster than a friend. More than friendship is riding here you owe it to your business before friends.
Are you suggesting he tells the homeowner that hired his friend that the guy is an addict? No way! I'd stay far away from both individuals. lesson learned and move on.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Well after 2 calls it's been over a week and no response from the homeowner. Also I guess an addict will always be an addict. I was being ignorant not nice when it came to giving my old friend a chance.

To the other statement a Pitbull will snap, it's just a matter of when. I have been reading up on pit bulls since there have been many attacks lately and sadly it's how they are breaded and trained. Someone also stated it's in their genetics.

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."
Old 10-05-2012, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloscaperman View Post
I surround myself with good people
Lol I wouldn't consider heroin addicts good people my friend. I have been reading up on addicts and as it turns out once a junkie always a junkie. I would limit my distance from this sack of garbage before he robs you blind so that he can get his next fix. I hope for your sake you don't end up as the next Ronald Popo, surrounding yourself with these so called "good people".
Old 10-09-2012, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloscaperman View Post
Well after 2 calls it's been over a week and no response from the homeowner. Also I guess an addict will always be an addict. I was being ignorant not nice when it came to giving my old friend a chance.

To the other statement a Pitbull will snap, it's just a matter of when. I have been reading up on pit bulls since there have been many attacks lately and sadly it's how they are breaded and trained. Someone also stated it's in their genetics.
WOW you have NO CLUE!! The breed gets a BAD name but 90% of the problem is the owners!!My last pitbull was 13 when I had her put to sleep from cancer. Her replacement is 13 now and still going.My sister has a small dog and has bit several people.You have NO clue how many lines of terrier dogs there are and it is so easy to blame it on the Pitbull.There was a lady in NY that got attacked and killed by 3 dogs.The headlines read Pitbulls attack and kill lady WOW it was 2 hound dogs and a cane corso.Just another CLUELESS person trying to give the breed a even worse name. You think it is there genetics to attack people LMAO
Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&A Lawn Care View Post
WOW you have NO CLUE!! The breed gets a BAD name but 90% of the problem is the owners!!My last pitbull was 13 when I had her put to sleep from cancer. Her replacement is 13 now and still going.My sister has a small dog and has bit several people.You have NO clue how many lines of terrier dogs there are and it is so easy to blame it on the Pitbull.There was a lady in NY that got attacked and killed by 3 dogs.The headlines read Pitbulls attack and kill lady WOW it was 2 hound dogs and a cane corso.Just another CLUELESS person trying to give the breed a even worse name. You think it is there genetics to attack people LMAO
It may be the owner, but these dogs are fanatical and relentless when they do attack. That is why they have a bad reputation. Yes there are other dogs that can do some damage and even kill when they attack, but it seems to happen way too often with pit bulls. These dogs were bred to be able to do damage and be relentless. I'm not clueless and these dogs do terrify me. I would not want this beast attacking me.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

That's life, move on.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I got bit in the calf by a rescue pit yesterday. It was great. I love pits. Sarcasm
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-11-2012, 02:40 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

If one of my friends underbid me on something I'd look at it as they must need the money real bad, let em do it. That being said, I'm one that rather then having a bunch of "friends" I have 3 or 4 very close friends that have never let me down when I've painted myself into a corner, and I sure try to do the same for them. I place a much higher value on friendships then whatever your buddy makes pruning some trees. Though it does sound like your friend is kinda shady, may wanna re evaluate that situation.
Posted via Mobile Device