Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-27-2012, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wow and Yuck

Wow, a Bobcat that my Dad couldn't be dragged (alive) out of, he could not stop saying enough good things about this T870 beast and brush cat, loved the pilot control type rowing oars and suspension seat, large cab opening, mega cab room, quiet engine, easy entry, nice control panel, key less start and hydraulic power, a shame he had to give it back after 2 days.

And this monstrosity, good god almighty, they are even bigger in real life, thank God it's only a demo model, I tried it for 1 minute and got off, "yuck" was the first word I yelled, the other 2 operators also had mixed feelings, the window in the back of the cab?!?!?! WTF is that for??? If it wasn't for the rear view camera, you would have to learn to navigate using the stars and sun when you need to look backwards! Sure it handled like a Cat, but even at 80% throttle it was dragging it's arse, 100% throttle was the only speed it had, our Volvo's smoked this machine for speed, not to mention fuel economy!

There ain't no cab from this point of view!

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 09-27-2012, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Im all for bigger ctl's but they have to put bigger motors in them too! 99hp doesnt seem like alot for over 6 tons.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Member

870's a beast fun to work brushing clearing in a open field. To dam big for anything else imo feels like your doing bobcat work with a track loader!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Love my T770 to death and its equipped the same. I wish I had a T870 sometimes.

Only gripes I have with the Bobcats is our T770 drinks a ton of #2 but it also gets a lot done... 93-94 hp... turned down from the T870

Other thing is the bob-tach system.... We had ours welded to make it stronger and haven't had an issue since.

As for the Cat..... what's new? Terrible design.