Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looking for Fert & Squirt in Canton, OH! Have some questions.

Have had several current clients (5 of 15) ask me if I do apps. They were interested in me doing for next season. I also plan on going fulltime next season & would like to sub any apps out from any new clients that want full service. I don't want to jump into apps right away with certifications/license & additional insurance.

Is there a standard protocol for app rates between LCO & Fert & Squirt Co, when the LCO gets billed for the apps? Like...does LCO get better app rate for providing multiple jobs. Is there a % that is added to the rate by LCO when billing client?

If your in my area (Canton, OH) & interested in doing my apps, PM me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2012, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bump! If you do apps for LCO or are LCO that subs out apps, let me know how it works in your situation . You don't have to be from Canton to reply. Just want to know if I sub out apps, how does the whole thing work?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2012, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am in NE Ohio, not far from you. I do a handful of apps for another company and I bill them (although I am required by law to leave certain info at the property that I am applying). I believe that they up charge on the cost to the customer but I do not know for sure or what amount. I am not crazy about the idea though because as far as that side is concerned it is my reputation on the line. I don't want to be known as over-priced.

My charges to them are my standard charges. I do not give a price break for them to make money off of my labor and my materials. I have worked hard to come up with good price points and they are what they are. I do fertilize the two owners yards as well. I think the benefit for them is they are able to offer full service to these customers that are looking for that. Also, I do offer full service lawn care and they know that I will not compete with them for their mowing. I just do the fert/squirt and aerating services. They don't push to offer these but when they are asked, they contact me. It seems like both sides are happy.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, that's the kinda info I'm lookin for, cuz I have no idea. So doing apps for another LCO, would you prefer to bill the client direct? Where are you from? On cell can't see your location.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-06-2012, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry I haven't responded until now. Been super busy!

I am from the Akron area. I service from Medina to Stow to Tallmadge, Akron, Green, N. Canton, Uniontown, Hartville...

I would prefer to work directly with the customer for multiple reasons (better customer relations which will help in several areas like a better relationship, dealing with potential lawn problems, additional services like seeding, aerating; easier for accounting and record keeping; simpler billing, etc.), but like I said I do bill another company for some jobs that I do for them. I would rather that than not have the customer so all is well.