Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-30-2012, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Toro, Exmark and Snapper Pro Hydro Walk Behinds

For a while I had my heart set on getting an Exmark Turf Tracer but after talking to my Toro/Exmark dealer this week he showed me the Toro T2 and I was impressed by it. Apparently it is becoming a popular mower around here. He is also allowing me to demo both mowers when the time comes to purchase one. My question is who has tried the Exmark Turf Tracer and the Toro T2 Hydro and which one do you like more? Also how easy is it to get use to the controls on the Toro?

Also who has any experience with Snapper Pro Walk Behinds like the SW20 and the SW30? I just discovered a dealer for them near me and might look into them as well. The SW20 36 inch is cheap, I might have to look into it for small yards.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm looking at walkbehinds also, I really like the Exmark TT but the price is hard to swallow. I know the Snapper is about $1500.00 cheaper than the TT. Also really like the Hustler Trimstar, but the nearest dealer for Hustler is about 45 minutes away. I see more lawncare company's using the Snapper Pro 36 & 48.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Member

http://youtu.be/cEnCfKKBFzs Link to Snapper Pro 48"
Old 09-30-2012, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Member

http://youtu.be/x79JCknIDjY Hustler Trimstar link
Old 09-30-2012, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I own 4 TT's and we love them--very easy to operate and even easier to maintain

They all cut wonderfully

Of the 4 three are TT S series 48" with the series three deck--
The 4th is an X series with 52" series four deck. The series four deck delivers the best cut of all EXCEPT when the grass is wringing wet--the series four mulches the clippings that "clot" up when wet. still cuts great in the wet, but leaves some unsightly piles

I have not used the T2 controls, but I have used Toro walkbehinds with the turbo force and even if the controls were amazing I would still go with the Exmark since the cut is better
Old 10-01-2012, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDLandscapes VT View Post
I own 4 TT's and we love them--very easy to operate and even easier to maintain

They all cut wonderfully

Of the 4 three are TT S series 48" with the series three deck--
The 4th is an X series with 52" series four deck. The series four deck delivers the best cut of all EXCEPT when the grass is wringing wet--the series four mulches the clippings that "clot" up when wet. still cuts great in the wet, but leaves some unsightly piles

I have not used the T2 controls, but I have used Toro walkbehinds with the turbo force and even if the controls were amazing I would still go with the Exmark since the cut is better
Thanks SD, I think I had a thread a while back asking about Exmark and you said great things about them haha, thanks again.

My plan is to get a 48 or 52 inch Toro or Exmark to use as my main mower for bigger yards and use the Snapper Pro 36 for smaller yards under a quarter acre. I might get the SW5 32 for even smaller yards and hard to reach spaces, for the price it seems like a good deal.

I also just got off the phone with the local Snapper pro dealer. Snapper has a hell of a fleet program, you buy 3 units and you can get a discount. I calculated the cost of a 32, a 36 and a 48 together and the price was just over ten grand total, pretty good deal for just starting out.