Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:14 PM
kawasaki guy's Avatar
kawasaki guy kawasaki guy is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 3,982
Kawasaki is all I can speak for. Great power, weight, and design.

CONS: I have never seen a trailer rack saying it can hold a KAWASAKI other than one of the Extreme racks.
__________________
Charlie
SGL

Website
Like our Facebook Page!
Snapper CP218520
Snapper 21351PD new engine
LawnBoy 10227 wi/bagger
Kawasaki KRB650B
Stihl BG55
John Deere
Shindaiwa T242
Shindaiwa RS41
Husqvarna 445 saw
Stihl MS210C
Kawasaki KHDS600A
Stihl KM90R wi/ trimmer/blower/edger
2014 Quality Steel and Aluminum 5x8 Utility Trailer.
Toro single stage snow thrower.



Click here for my work thread!
The kid who cuts lawns, and does it very well
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit28 View Post
Oh yes I can.
posts 4, 7 and 24

You first said it, even 3 times how it blows cold air on you during cooler wether.

put a coat on like the rest of us.
No sale. You brought up the cooling system first plain and simple, then pointed how the back padding which includes the vent system was better than the Husky.

I simply refuted your nonsense with some facts, which include the fact that the Echo air cooling system is not so great to have in the fall. Sorry if facts are inconvenient for you bro.

Believe me, where I live, you have to wear a coat in the fall when the leaves are actually falling. I could still feel the effects of the Echo with my coat on. Any air that is cool or cold, and blows on your coat will eventually reach your back. Just another fact.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:20 PM
unit28 unit28 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MN, A-noka CO.
Posts: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
Ummm...one more thing:

The hip belt and chest strap, as well as bearing the load, keep the pack from shifting, which actually increases your agility.
.
I'm sure it will keep the pack from shifting,
it's what a cinch strap does best.

As far as loosening the shoulder strap and feeling the weight on your hips,
that ain't going to fly in all day use. Hardly much use at all to be honest.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:23 PM
TNGrassCutter's Avatar
TNGrassCutter TNGrassCutter is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,282
In other news.... I bought a 770 today, couldn't talk myself into dealing with the tards at the husky/ kubota dealer and not supporting my good echo dealer who always gives me good deals. It has substantially more power than my old 500 and that's all I need. Gets up wet stuck down grass clippings much better which was my main problem. I don't do huge leaf cleanups so I don't really need the biggest baddest machine, just needed more than I had. Thanks for the info guys.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:23 PM
TNGrassCutter's Avatar
TNGrassCutter TNGrassCutter is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,282
Oh and my 770 did come with a block off plate for the back AC system. For the record....
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,289
TN- what model did you get? Tube mount or hip mount throttle?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:27 PM
unit28 unit28 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MN, A-noka CO.
Posts: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
No sale. You brought up the cooling system first plain and simple, then pointed how the back padding which includes the vent system was better than the Husky.

I simply refuted your nonsense with some facts, which include the fact that the Echo air cooling system is not so great to have in the fall. Sorry if facts are inconvenient for you bro.

Believe me, where I live, you have to wear a coat in the fall when the leaves are actually falling. I could still feel the effects of the Echo with my coat on. Any air that is cool or cold, and blows on your coat will eventually reach your back. Just another fact.
geta real coat then

If you say you can feel it during cooler weather with a coat on then it must be working really good which before you said it wouldn't compare to Husky.

Going on 4 seasons with mine and it does a heck of a job for snow .
Sidewalks 2" is a cake-walk. For roof tops I cleared 6" of snow no problem.

Been under freezing here already. And the air flow, well I can't, and have never felt it with my coat on.

This makes #4 ...right?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:33 PM
TNGrassCutter's Avatar
TNGrassCutter TNGrassCutter is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
TN- what model did you get? Tube mount or hip mount throttle?
Tube. I couldn't use a hip mount I don't think. I like having a free hand to grab stuff or whatever.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit28 View Post
geta real coat then

If you say you can feel it during cooler weather with a coat on then it must be working really good which before you said it wouldn't compare to Husky.

Going on 4 seasons with mine and it does a heck of a job for snow .
Sidewalks 2" is a cake-walk. For roof tops I cleared 6" of snow no problem.

Been under freezing here already. And the air flow, well I can't, and have never felt it with my coat on.

This makes #4 ...right?
I only wear a coat that is as heavy as needed for the weather I'm out in. I didn't say that the Echo cooling system doesn't compare to the Husky's. I said it blows directly on you, and you don't always need that. I also said that the system on the Husky is better IMO because it doesn't blow directly on your back because it gets diffused out around the padding.

#4 what?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGrassCutter View Post
Tube. I couldn't use a hip mount I don't think. I like having a free hand to grab stuff or whatever.
Posted via Mobile Device
Same here. I have never caught any of my blowers' wires or anything else on any branches or such either. It just makes sense to be able to use one hand to control it all.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 AM.

Page generated in 0.07956 seconds with 8 queries