Register free!

Old 10-01-2012, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Just checked with Rutgers, they have seen grub investations in areas without a history of any. No infestations where Merit has been applied.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 10-01-2012, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm no entomologist or have no data either but I'm pretty sure grubs especially chafers hatched early this year meaning some late apps may not have worked quite as well as they may have.

Few things to remember about the midwest and northern middle of the country is that we also had the warmest driest winter last year (maybe on record) so there was no moisture in the soil to begin with, setting the tone for the summer drought and everything happened almost 4 weeks early, ie: bud break, crabgrass, and so on so it makes sense grub pressure would be early and heavy.

Same with sod webworms and chinch. No attrition and pretty ideal conditions in season for a feast.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Actually Grub eggs hatch better in wet soil than dry. The eggs take on over 50% of their weight from water as they mature. It has been my experience to have less grubs in dry years and more Grubs in Wet years.
I think he meant that customers don't water it in, and with the lack of rain the product didn't make it down before it photo degraded. Up here we have some big lawns, and people don't drag hoses on 40k
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2012, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by humble1 View Post
I think he meant that customers don't water it in, and with the lack of rain the product didn't make it down before it photo degraded. Up here we have some big lawns, and people don't drag hoses on 40k
Posted via Mobile Device
When I posted my statement about Grubs, I was trying to give people credit for having a brain. Next time I 'll write an 15 page essay to be sure and cover the water that Drips off Grandma's Oxygen tank and the damage to Al Gore Environment.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
When I posted my statement about Grubs, I was trying to give people credit for having a brain. Next time I 'll write an 15 page essay to be sure and cover the water that Drips off Grandma's Oxygen tank and the damage to Al Gore Environment.

I don't think you ever give anyone credit for anything, most of the time you just ridicule, my post to you was me thinking you might have misread his post, but as usual you have some smart remark online that would get you punched in the face If you said the things you write, But because you can pop off at the mouth behind a keyboard putting people down on a regular basis you know that can't happen. You don't know everything and with your sarcastic remarks clearly your not a professional, I find it hard to believe you are even successful In business, or in your personal life with such a poor attitude!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2012, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I don't think you ever give anyone credit for anything, most of the time you just ridicule, my post to you was me thinking you might have misread his post, but as usual you have some smart remark online that would get you punched in the face If you said the things you write, But because you can pop off at the mouth behind a keyboard putting people down on a regular basis you know that can't happen. You don't know everything and with your sarcastic remarks clearly your not a professional, I find it hard to believe you are even successful In business, or in your personal life with such a poor attitude!
Posted via Mobile Device
I am who I am and I say the same things in person that I type on a Keyboard. I am 5'5" tall and 135 pounds of very healthy Senior Citizen. You should be so lucky to have my health if you make it to my age. If you don't like what I say or How I say it, I suggest you use the Ignore feature so you don't have to read my comments.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I am who I am and I say the same things in person that I type on a Keyboard. I am 5'5" tall and 135 pounds of very healthy Senior Citizen. You should be so lucky to have my health if you make it to my age. If you don't like what I say or How I say it, I suggest you use the Ignore feature so you don't have to read my comments.

Ah that explains it short man syndrome, you don't have to be young tall or strong to feel like a man, maybe putting people down makes you feel like one. My health or age has nothing to do with it, I'm simply calling it how everyone else might see it. Someone who is nothing but rude and full of ridicule on a site where people want to learn or ask advice from other professionals of which you clearly are not!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2012, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Ah that explains it short man syndrome, you don't have to be young tall or strong to feel like a man, maybe putting people down makes you feel like one. My health or age has nothing to do with it, I'm simply calling it how everyone else might see it. Someone who is nothing but rude and full of ridicule on a site where people want to learn or ask advice from other professionals of which you clearly are not!
Posted via Mobile Device
Of course suggesting to use physical force like a punch in the face shows the level of your Intellectual ability to handle a situation. I am sure your mother is very proud of her Big Boy.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Of course suggesting to use physical force like a punch in the face shows the level of your Intellectual ability to handle a situation. I am sure your mother is very proud of her Big Boy.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

For the record I didn't threaten an act of violence, I was trying to convey the things you say daily on this site would get you punched by most people, but your a tough guy behind the keyboard putting people down. It's funny you of all people making comments about how I handle a situation. Your replies and comments are an embarrassment to the professionals in this industry
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2012, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
For the record I didn't threaten an act of violence, I was trying to convey the things you say daily on this site would get you punched by most people, but your a tough guy behind the keyboard putting people down. It's funny you of all people making comments about how I handle a situation. Your replies and comments are an embarrassment to the professionals in this industry
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree. I hate the belittling of members and the know it all top secret attitude. We are all here for the same thing...to learn from each other, if that's not what you are here for than maybe you are in the wrong forum. You rarely contribute anything useful to other members...especially if they are not licensed in the state of FL...we can't help where we are from and the varying levels of difficulty requires to be licensed in other states...it is what it is.
Posted via Mobile Device