Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-07-2012, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Sitting on my mower and thinking

We can build cars that run on batteries for a pretty long time and we have hybrids that use gas to charge the batteries and the other way around. Getting tired that every second of the day I am running on gas. If I am not in my truck using gas then I am on my mower, if I am not on my mower then I am using my grass trimmer, if I am not using the gas on my trimmer I am in my truck again driving.....................

Does anyone feel what I am saying. Just imagine the money you will recoup if our business didn't use gas, but then again everybody would realize how much profit there is in landscaping then the market would get more saturated.

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."
Old 10-07-2012, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I wish I did not have to pay labor
Old 10-07-2012, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Stop thinking!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-07-2012, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The crazy part is I think about this every time I'm working and if I'm not thinking about this I am thinking about women lol.

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

Old 10-07-2012, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
I wish I did not have to pay labor
Or taxes...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-07-2012, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloscaperman View Post
We can build cars that run on batteries for a pretty long time and we have hybrids that use gas to charge the batteries and the other way around. Getting tired that every second of the day I am running on gas. If I am not in my truck using gas then I am on my mower, if I am not on my mower then I am using my grass trimmer, if I am not using the gas on my trimmer I am in my truck again driving.....................

Does anyone feel what I am saying. Just imagine the money you will recoup if our business didn't use gas, but then again everybody would realize how much profit there is in landscaping then the market would get more saturated.
Imagine the money you would spend buying batteries.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-07-2012, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
The crazy part is I think about this every time I'm working and if I'm not thinking about this I am thinking about women lol.
Better get a car that runs on gas if you want to catch the girls, hybrids arent very fashionable.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
Imagine the money you would spend buying batteries.
Posted via Mobile Device

To power 3 blades and a 500 pound mower factoring that batteries are lighter then an engine block and the less maintenance cost and reduced sound of the mower I would consider it.

If the batteries go you don't have to take it apart like an engine. Make it to easy that all you have to do it slide out the battery. The other is if for some reason the battery dies you can use a second battery while the other is getting charged by the solar panels on your trailer or have a solar panel on your mower so it charges while your mowing!

Old 10-07-2012, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds lit the "Green" movement is messing with your head,,,Im talking about Green buds"
Old 10-07-2012, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
To power 3 blades and a 500 pound mower factoring that batteries are lighter then an engine block and the less maintenance cost and reduced sound of the mower I would consider it.

If the batteries go you don't have to take it apart like an engine. Make it to easy that all you have to do it slide out the battery. The other is if for some reason the battery dies you can use a second battery while the other is getting charged by the solar panels on your trailer or have a solar panel on your mower so it charges while your mowing!
You are way off base...

The amount of batteries required to move a 500 lb mower and 3 blades most certainly weigh more than an engine block...ever wonder why they don't make total electric cars? Because in order for them to have a range even close to gas you would not haul anything but batteries...you will reach diminishing returns quickly with batteries...the more weight, the more batteries.

Priced a battery lately? A deep cycle battery...one that can be taken all the way down without ruining it? Lith ion...about 500 charge cycles...

If it was such a great idea it would be used right now.

I'd much rather carry 5 gallons of fuel at 40 lbs than 400lbs of batteries.
Posted via Mobile Device