Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-20-2012, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Too late to overseed in SE massachusetts?

I live in the Avon area of Mass. Is it too late to overseed ? I'm using Jonathan Green seeds, A mixture of dense shade and Black Beauty Ultra. I've aerated, and detached but I'm afraid I'm too late to drop 100 lbs. of seeds down, and waste the good seeds. I'm looking at 14,000 square feet of grass to be over seeded. Am I using too little or should I apply more seed?I believe the bags of seeds uses low estimates when overseeding, I like to give it as much as possible< What do you think , Time and amounts??
Old 10-21-2012, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Over seeding, you should be fine with 100lbs, as far as time wise you should be fine as well. We try to get our seeding done by oct 1st, but will keep scheduling as the weather allows. Right now we are still scheduling a d doing seedlings, but with it being this late we do not offer a warranty on the seeding. I still have to do my own lawn, I'm using a mix similar to the black beauty, hopefully ill get it done before the game tomorrow