Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-20-2012, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good with 293,000 Miles? 1994 Z71

I bought her with 93,000 miles and now has 280+ hard working miles from snow plowing and also with a yard of sand&salt, towing my Exmark ZTR, do about 100-200 yards of mulch a year, gravel, and more......

350 tbi with the original engine and what I know of the tranny is the original 4l60E. Has a level kit and 285 tires. The tape player still works lol.

Parts that went : Fuel pump finally went at 240K miles, AC unit went at 252K miles, water pump finally went at 260K miles, brake switch went at 230K miles, and my 2 of my ball joints finally went at 200K miles after the crazy storm we had think it was 2 feet of snow.

My goal is to put a 1,000,000+ miles on it.
Attached Images

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."

Last edited by soloscaperman; 10-20-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

293 on the original engine...Im impressed, my 97 sierra 454 made it to about i believe 93,--- and had a lifter go, got in a accident (rear ended) and made it worse..had to have a rebuild

22 Years Old
10 Years in Business

-Commercial/ Residential
-Full Service.. Lawn Care, Landscaping, Estate Care, Snow & Ice Management

http://www.facebook.com/MMDLC

As of Dec. 2013 College is over and I'm full time!
Old 10-20-2012, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M & MD Lawn View Post
293 on the original engine...Im impressed, my 97 sierra 454 made it to about i believe 93,--- and had a lifter go, got in a accident (rear ended) and made it worse..had to have a rebuild
You had the Vortec engine I have the old school throttle body which is basically a modern carb. The paint on the hood is fading a little and there is little rot on the passernger side cab panel. It came from California and the guy towed his corvette with this truck to CT! I wax it every Month and wash it every 3 days or so. I always clean the interior every Sunday.

Believe it or not when my oil line went I drove around with a quart of oil!!!!! I drove a week or so and this happen at 105K miles! The owner did warn me if you use synthetic it will piss right out. I still use Mobil 1 but use 10W-40W I also undercoated the underneath of the truck including the wheel wells. There is no rust on the frame. Once in a while I will do burnouts for my friends, just gotta use the brake for about 3 seconds and roast easily. The AC delete and having the air pump removed free a few HP. I notice the engine revs a lot quicker.

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

Last edited by soloscaperman; 10-20-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Shes a clean little truck, I would suggest if you want her to last much longer to retire her from active duty, and buy a newer truck to do all the hard work, keep her as a daily driver/run around truck.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 10-20-2012, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Another pic of my truck climbing up a construction area.
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2012, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
Shes a clean little truck, I would suggest if you want her to last much longer to retire her from active duty, and buy a newer truck to do all the hard work, keep her as a daily driver/run around truck.

Yes I was thinking of a GMC single cab 2500 or my friends F350 mason dump. As you can tell from the pictures I ruined the rear leaf springs this year. I got cocky and dumped 1.5-2 yards of 3/4 gravel and the tail hitch scraped the ground. Now the rear end sits 2 inches lower :-(

Old 10-20-2012, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Gah I miss those seats!!!!! I had a 94 suburban 2500 and I could seat in that car for DAYS. I loved that truck, I swear it would have lasted a million miles too, if that drunk arsehole didn't hit me...

And for the leaf springs try sticking a hydrolic jack in between the frame and springs and pop them back into place. It worked for me on a drunken Sunday so I'm sure it will work for you too

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 10-20-2012, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IocCC1-jeTY

If you play at 9second mark my goal is to do that down the road when I don't need the truck. I work for a builder once in a while during the winter time and the excavator guy agrees to do it and we are going to record it and put it on youtube.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I had a 95 K2500 with 175k that I sold in May. I loved that truck, but it started to nickel and dime me, so I traded it on an '04 K1500. I wish I still had the old truck, but at the time I only had room for one truck

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 10-21-2012, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome 94' chevy! And by far the cleanest I have seen with those miles, I always liked the interior on the 88-94 chevy's.
05' JD F1445 Diesel 72"
13' Bobcat T650 CTL
08' Haulmax 24' Enclosed Trailer
11' JD JS 26 W.B.
12' BOSS 9.2 V-XT plow+Wings
Stihl hand held eq.
10' L.W. 13hp blower
13' Permagreen Triumph
WI certified pesticide applicator