Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-02-2012, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Maruyama Eq. anybody use it?

Looking at replacing my olde string trimmers and blowers. Got a look at this line the other day. I am looking at the BC 3021 trimmer, it is 30.1 cc comes with quick feed head. The blower is B18200-sp , it is 64.7 cc has 748 cfm. Both will have 5 yr commercial warranty. I get 18 bottles of oil and 2 tubes of grease with it. I can get 2 weed eaters and 1 blower out the door for 1158.92. I have never used this brand was wondering if anybody has?
Old 10-02-2012, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have the big blower. It is decent on power but not as good as my echo 770. There older trimmers were pretty good (still use one) but I do not care for the new ones. My newer edger is heavier and does not run near as good. Also, their fit and finish is way cheaper compaired to other brands. I personaly think after the edger I will not be buying anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2012, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
I have the big blower. It is decent on power but not as good as my echo 770. There older trimmers were pretty good (still use one) but I do not care for the new ones. My newer edger is heavier and does not run near as good. Also, their fit and finish is way cheaper compaired to other brands. I personaly think after the edger I will not be buying anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device
Have you used any of the new Mar hedge trimmers?, I found the old ones to be the toughest I have owned. You are right about fit and finish.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

i have about 8 or 9 pecies of mauryama equiptment and have used most for a very long time. as good as anything else out there . the important thing is to have access to a dealer. i also dont like the stick edger desighn. the line trimmers and hedge trimmers are very good
Old 10-03-2012, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I live in Montreal, Canada. Being a good size city, I have a multitude of dealers for just about any brand. I was looking at a Maru trimmer or multitool midsummer. I checked the website and there were about 6 dealers within reasonable distance. Called 1, he said he hadnít been a Maru dealer for more than a year, next, same thing. The 3rd one I called was still a dealer, but out of stock for the season.

Checked one of the dealers I frequent from time to time, he started carrying Maru this year. This guy is closed weekends and M-F works 7 am to 4:30 pm, and closes from noon to 1 pm for lunchÖdefinitely doesnít cater to consumers. He is pretty good size with all of the big brands and has been in business for over 30 years.

He likes the Maru and brought them in this season to give them a shot. Went back in a month later and he said he had many out on demo, between the demo feedback and the sales he had, probably wonít bring them back next season.

I have often heard decent feedback on this site about Maruís, which is why I wanted to give one a shot. But having trouble finding a dealer isnít good. I think Maru or any MFR, need to invest time and money in their dealerships, give them incentives to sell their brand, otherwise the product might be great but tough to sell if no one has them to sell.

Went with a Shindy M254 and am very satisfied so far.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

mauryama,s dealer network is very weak and they dont seem to do anything about it-ever! dont trust the dealer locator as you have found out. same here call and they say they havnt been a dealer for several years. find one who actually still carrys them and go there in person-suprize-all they can do is order parts!. lucky they seldom break. i scavenge ebay now for things i need.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Member

I live in a small town here, the deal is local with no problems finding him are when he opens up for service. I just wanted some in put on the brand. I run the Shindy 2 cycle stuff now.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was a small shindy dealer way back, imo could not beat them, then the merge ugh. I started selling maruyama last year, slow but only one has been in for carb issues, and now I have in after just under two seasons of use that needs a clutch, the trimmers remind me of the old shindys, pretty basic, the BL32 HH blows well and has good cfm. The fit and finish is the not greatest in there double sided trimmer , but imo they are not show pieces, they have chrome cylinders and 2 rings per piston. I looked at alot of lines , I felt this was one of the best .