Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:13 PM
lawnsaspire lawnsaspire is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Quincy, IL
Posts: 1,079
Anyone bought blowers or anything else from wise sales?

I was all ready to purchase (actually have my out of state mom purchase so I don't have to pay the Illinois tax) a new bp blower from Wise Sales today and she told me she found several bad reviews of them online of people paying and not getting their stuff. I thought I'd ask you guys first, any experience with them? The one review on amazon for the blower I want is good.
__________________
1995 Ford F-150
12X6 Aluminum Trailer
48 inch Scag V-Ride
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:32 PM
herler herler is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,612
Yeah I'm not here to help you evade taxes but I can tell you that is the absolute last reason why I would order something online, and thanks for asking.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:45 PM
lawnsaspire lawnsaspire is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Quincy, IL
Posts: 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Yeah I'm not here to help you evade taxes but I can tell you that is the absolute last reason why I would order something online, and thanks for asking.
That's not why I'm ordering it online by the way. It's reasonably priced and there's a $50 rebate. And by the way, I'm one of the only landscapers around here I know of who reports all his earnings, cash and otherwise. So before you pull that line on me, think about that. But here in Illinois, we're getting shafted as the only state in the union getting taxed for things others aren't because of the poor choices and overspending of our government. So I don't feel a bit of conscience about asking someone who lives just accross the state line to order something for me. After all, they ordered it, not me. Back to the original question, has anyone ordered from wisesales?
__________________
1995 Ford F-150
12X6 Aluminum Trailer
48 inch Scag V-Ride
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:51 PM
fatboynormmie's Avatar
fatboynormmie fatboynormmie is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: balto md
Posts: 753
Ordered Echo stuff from them with no issues.Would do it again.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
That's not why I'm ordering it online by the way. It's reasonably priced and there's a $50 rebate. And by the way, I'm one of the only landscapers around here I know of who reports all his earnings, cash and otherwise. So before you pull that line on me, think about that. But here in Illinois, we're getting shafted as the only state in the union getting taxed for things others aren't because of the poor choices and overspending of our government. So I don't feel a bit of conscience about asking someone who lives just accross the state line to order something for me. After all, they ordered it, not me. Back to the original question, has anyone ordered from wisesales?
You deserved "that line." You are going out of your way to avoid paying sales tax on and item. In my state you have to report and pay sales tax on such items anyway. Not sure how it is where you are. I get taxed on just about everything where I am and I don't call Mommy to have her order stuff for me to avoid paying sales tax. And you go out of your way to avoid a little sales tax and expect us to believe that you report all your income....hehe.

Wise sales is a sponsor here...maybe do a search and see what others have to say about them.

Last edited by Darryl G; 10-02-2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: toned it down a bit
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:06 PM
dutchacres dutchacres is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Franklin, Indiana
Posts: 505
I have ordered two things from them because they were a lot cheaper than my local dealer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:10 PM
lawnsaspire lawnsaspire is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Quincy, IL
Posts: 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
You deserved "that line." You are going out of your way to avoid paying sales tax on and item. In my state you have to report and pay sales tax on such items anyway. Not sure how it is where you are. I get taxed on just about everything where I am and I don't call Mommy to have her order stuff for me to avoid paying sales tax. And you go out of your way to avoid a little sales tax and expect us to believe that you report all your income....hehe.

Wise sales is a sponsor here...maybe do a search and see what others have to say about them.
I see your point Darryl. I apologize to anyone who I may have offended and I admit that I hadn't thought of it that way. I can honestly say that I do report all of my earnings and when I tell the other landscapers about this they make fun of me and say "no one is honest." I wouldn't want to ruin a good track record by trying to avoid a few extra dollars in that way. I'm sorry I didn't take the matter more seriously and I will order it myself.
__________________
1995 Ford F-150
12X6 Aluminum Trailer
48 inch Scag V-Ride
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 PM
buckhigh's Avatar
buckhigh buckhigh is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cleveland ohio
Posts: 265
How does Wise Sales handle warranty issues? Anyone experience this?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 PM
lawnsaspire lawnsaspire is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Quincy, IL
Posts: 1,079
why is there a Canadian flag above my post? They said on the phone they will go thru a local dealer, and there was a 2 year commercial warranty. But as I'm learning, no one really honors warranties anyways, do they?
__________________
1995 Ford F-150
12X6 Aluminum Trailer
48 inch Scag V-Ride
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 PM
buckhigh's Avatar
buckhigh buckhigh is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cleveland ohio
Posts: 265
Here in Cleveland, it's like puling teethe to get a dealer to honor the warranty of an item that wasn't purchased through them. And the distributors support this bs...

I've considered giving my handheld business to Wise, just not sure if they would warranty me out faulty parts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.07697 seconds with 7 queries