Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-02-2012, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone bought blowers or anything else from wise sales?

I was all ready to purchase (actually have my out of state mom purchase so I don't have to pay the Illinois tax) a new bp blower from Wise Sales today and she told me she found several bad reviews of them online of people paying and not getting their stuff. I thought I'd ask you guys first, any experience with them? The one review on amazon for the blower I want is good.
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 10-02-2012, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah I'm not here to help you evade taxes but I can tell you that is the absolute last reason why I would order something online, and thanks for asking.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Yeah I'm not here to help you evade taxes but I can tell you that is the absolute last reason why I would order something online, and thanks for asking.
That's not why I'm ordering it online by the way. It's reasonably priced and there's a $50 rebate. And by the way, I'm one of the only landscapers around here I know of who reports all his earnings, cash and otherwise. So before you pull that line on me, think about that. But here in Illinois, we're getting shafted as the only state in the union getting taxed for things others aren't because of the poor choices and overspending of our government. So I don't feel a bit of conscience about asking someone who lives just accross the state line to order something for me. After all, they ordered it, not me. Back to the original question, has anyone ordered from wisesales?
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 10-02-2012, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ordered Echo stuff from them with no issues.Would do it again.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
That's not why I'm ordering it online by the way. It's reasonably priced and there's a $50 rebate. And by the way, I'm one of the only landscapers around here I know of who reports all his earnings, cash and otherwise. So before you pull that line on me, think about that. But here in Illinois, we're getting shafted as the only state in the union getting taxed for things others aren't because of the poor choices and overspending of our government. So I don't feel a bit of conscience about asking someone who lives just accross the state line to order something for me. After all, they ordered it, not me. Back to the original question, has anyone ordered from wisesales?
You deserved "that line." You are going out of your way to avoid paying sales tax on and item. In my state you have to report and pay sales tax on such items anyway. Not sure how it is where you are. I get taxed on just about everything where I am and I don't call Mommy to have her order stuff for me to avoid paying sales tax. And you go out of your way to avoid a little sales tax and expect us to believe that you report all your income....hehe.

Wise sales is a sponsor here...maybe do a search and see what others have to say about them.

Last edited by Darryl G; 10-02-2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: toned it down a bit
Old 10-02-2012, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have ordered two things from them because they were a lot cheaper than my local dealer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2012, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
You deserved "that line." You are going out of your way to avoid paying sales tax on and item. In my state you have to report and pay sales tax on such items anyway. Not sure how it is where you are. I get taxed on just about everything where I am and I don't call Mommy to have her order stuff for me to avoid paying sales tax. And you go out of your way to avoid a little sales tax and expect us to believe that you report all your income....hehe.

Wise sales is a sponsor here...maybe do a search and see what others have to say about them.
I see your point Darryl. I apologize to anyone who I may have offended and I admit that I hadn't thought of it that way. I can honestly say that I do report all of my earnings and when I tell the other landscapers about this they make fun of me and say "no one is honest." I wouldn't want to ruin a good track record by trying to avoid a few extra dollars in that way. I'm sorry I didn't take the matter more seriously and I will order it myself.
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower

Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How does Wise Sales handle warranty issues? Anyone experience this?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

why is there a Canadian flag above my post? They said on the phone they will go thru a local dealer, and there was a 2 year commercial warranty. But as I'm learning, no one really honors warranties anyways, do they?
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower

Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here in Cleveland, it's like puling teethe to get a dealer to honor the warranty of an item that wasn't purchased through them. And the distributors support this bs...

I've considered giving my handheld business to Wise, just not sure if they would warranty me out faulty parts.
Posted via Mobile Device