Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-02-2012, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

This spring I bought a honda mower from Home Depot. Since around June I've had problems with surging and the oil turning dark gray after being changed. Eventually the oil started coming out of the air filter and died. I had done nothing to the mower but changed the oil and cleaned the filter regularly. I called Home Depot and they told me to take it to the local Honda dealer. The guy came out too look at the mower and right away everything was my fault: I hadn't changed the filter enough, I turned the mower over the wrong way, I used it commercially. Well of course the filter will be dirty when there is oil coming through it. I got in to a big argument with him about why he was acting from the get go like my warranty didn't count and he said he'd rather it be paid by warranty cause it paid him $20 more an hour. So why did he act that way in the 1st place?
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 10-03-2012, 06:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
I was all ready to purchase (actually have my out of state mom purchase so I don't have to pay the Illinois tax) a new bp blower from Wise Sales today and she told me she found several bad reviews of them online of people paying and not getting their stuff. I thought I'd ask you guys first, any experience with them? The one review on amazon for the blower I want is good.
Purchased my Redmax 7500 backpack from them last year. Absoulty no problem and very fast shipping. You have to take the negative reviews with a grain of salt sometimes
Old 10-03-2012, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lawnsaspire: I know you were considering the Husky blowers in a previous post but said you had no dealers nearby. I did a search and there are 6 dealers listed as being within 15 miles of Quincy. What's with that? I try to buy my equipment from local dealers. They assemble and test the units before handing them over, whereas with online dealers you're going to get it in a box. It's nice to be able to pick the thing up and look it over in person too.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i dont know what dealers they are referring too. we only have stihl and echo. except the bt150 sold at lowes
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-03-2012, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Kuhns Equipment, Outdoor Power Inc., and Hoebings Lawn & Garden all in Quincy. Also one in Canton and one in Hannibal. Even if they don't stock them they should be able to order them and get parts. I get my Husky stuff from a rental yard that most people don't even realize sells equipment too.

Edit: Outdoor Power Inc. is just repair, not sales according to website

Last edited by Darryl G; 10-03-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i didnt realize those places sold husky cause the only thing onthe shelf inthere is echo stuff. kuhns is out of biz and i dont do business in missouri so iwasnt aware of their backwoods dealers. thanks for the search but ireally want to go with the kawi 750
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-03-2012, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Member

I ordered a Hedge trimmer from wisesales 3 weeks ago and paid through the amazon payments. It took one week for them to get it in stock but it came one day after being shipped which was 2 days early. I would order from them again. hope this helps you
Old 10-03-2012, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Member

I ordered a Shindy long pole pruner attachment for the M254. Shipped 1 or 2 days after I placed the order and got it a couple of days after that. No issues, product works fine and Wise did fine by me. I would buy from them again.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a shindy blower from them. Ordered in the morning, came next day with only regular shipping. Very satisfied with my purchase from them
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2012, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Bought a Honda generator from there. Lowest price & very fast shipping!
Posted via Mobile Device