Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-03-2012, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Standers Only?

How many of you guys only run standers. I have a range of properties from apartment complexes to factories and I am thinking I am just going to go with all standers. I am almost convinced Scag is the way to go with the 11mph top speed on the 61" units and I am sure I will get a good quality cut at that speed. I also looked at Wright but they are so expensive around here that I could buy one and a half Scags for what one Wright cost.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-03-2012, 06:56 AM
LawnSite Member

I run all standers we use the wright I have 4 of the 52 xs and 2 36 standers fix decks.They all do a good job. The xs do cut a lot better with the new decks . speed is good but I have never been able to cut at full speed no matter what I use. I do have a few relly large yards that I will be getting a couple of sit down z for. All in all I do think stander can be way more productive but large yards they do stand a chance. {by large yards I mean anything over 3 acres } we do one that is over 30 and it is a pain.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I would run only standers, but we need large capacity baggers for fall cleanups.

Supah-Duty
Exmark-Gravely-Scag
Stihl-Redmax
Old 10-03-2012, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I had 61 V ride and yes the deck cut great but maneuverability isn't close to the Wright mowers. I traded it after a month. The controls aren't as comfortable either. Just my talking on owning one and the 31 Kawasaki drank fuel close to 2 gph.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-03-2012, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Wright all the way. That's the only mower brand I run. I've got a 52" and 2 36's.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Member

I run mostly wrights the new deck are the best Ive ever used. They are not the best for clean ups but Thats what the bobcat zs are for I tryed the scags and the just dont compare on hills and turns they left ruts like Ive never seen befor. My 52 x is the best mower I have ever had.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Member

I concur the Wright X 52" is the stander to buy!
Old 10-03-2012, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wright all the way
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-03-2012, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not own a stander at the momment, it all depends on what you are doing but to me the ultimate setup for do it all system on a trailer would be a 36 belt drive WB with a velkie a 52 inch stander compact like the Wright design and then from there a 72 ZTR like a Super Z and you could bust about anything out quick.

A stander is no match at all on mid to large properties compared to a 72 ZTR that can mow fast but on high end properties that are smaller a big Z tears the turf up.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
I do not own a stander at the momment, it all depends on what you are doing but to me the ultimate setup for do it all system on a trailer would be a 36 belt drive WB with a velkie a 52 inch stander compact like the Wright design and then from there a 72 ZTR like a Super Z and you could bust about anything out quick.

A stander is no match at all on mid to large properties compared to a 72 ZTR that can mow fast but on high end properties that are smaller a big Z tears the turf up.
Depends where you live. Best setup here is a 32/36 and a 48/52. We don't have much here that would necessitate anything bigger than a 60".
Posted via Mobile Device