Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-19-2012, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Member

landscape pro software by drafix

Please let me now what you guys think about this design software..? If there's a better one let me know
Old 09-19-2012, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used this software for more than 5 years and it has been quite a success for my business. I did more than my due diligence in researching all the available software out there and found for the money and the quality, Pro Landscape could not be beat. The fact that they continue to update the software on a yearly basis and address the requests and concerns of their users is unprecedented.

The Imaging portion of the software is easy to use and will help you get your design vision across to the customer, easily and precisely. The can actually see your ideas imprinted on a photo of their property. The ability to email your work and/or print it out for presentation is a wonderful bonus. This is a great presentation feature that will sell work for you.

The CAD portion is one of the simplest, yet most detailed of the available softwares and has all the features you would ever need for the largest residential project and all of the commercial projects I have run across. The CAD portion, like any CAD program takes some time to learn and master, but once you get it down, you will be able to do things you only imagined. The time savings and clarity with CAD are tough to beat.

The support from the folks at Drafix is better than any other software company I have dealt with, including any software you may have located on any computer. They offer a forum for questions, problems or just plain meeting and greeting with other design professionals utilizing this tool as well as being monitored by their lead software engineer. You can typically expect a worthwhile response within a day or less.

Drafix also offers classes around the country to help you to learn and excel with this tool, and I would highly recommend attending a beginner session and you'll go back when the advanced classes are offered.

Kirk
Old 09-19-2012, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

For cad only would you still do Landscape pro? I have an older version of landscape pro and used to do landscape imaging, but the amount of time it takes to edit images out is a deal breaker for me. And it seems a CAD image or hand drawn plan works very well for me. But the hand drawn takes so much time and isn't nearly as nice as a cad plan.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
For cad only would you still do Landscape pro? I have an older version of landscape pro and used to do landscape imaging, but the amount of time it takes to edit images out is a deal breaker for me. And it seems a CAD image or hand drawn plan works very well for me. But the hand drawn takes so much time and isn't nearly as nice as a cad plan.
just wanted to come back and give an update reguarding this post: I ended up going with this software i have had it for almost two weeks and i have done 5 designs. so far i have only used the image editor. i have expierence with photoshop but it only took me an hour compared to trying to do it on punch for 6 hours. it so impressed. costumer service is top notch
Old 10-03-2012, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice program. Expensive with a steep learning curve.