Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-06-2012, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Newbie here. Need Advice/Suggestions

Heres my story: I am 29, have a college degree, and still have been out of work for too long. I have decided to go into business for myself. I have a 2007 F150, 15 foot trailer with built in ramp, 2 STIHL weedwackers with various attachments, 1 STIHL tree trimmer (chainsaw on the end), 1 Self proppeld smaller mower, and a larger commercial 60 inch blade mower. I have enough money to endure the building up of clients. My plan was to move to an area of Oklahoma that is growing, and basically use mass amounts of door hangers with a FREE job coupon on it, and also give a free job to anyone who gets me referrals. I have heard door hangers dont work, but I am willing to invest in them. What other forms of advertisment have you guys found to be successfull? Anyways let me know what you guys think of my plan, I am somewhat nervous, but I need to pull the trigger soon. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi, i am pretty similar to your story, 29, out of work too too long, i cant help much as i am barely trying to start up again, the first go around i had 10 clients, mostly bi weekly but started a construction job that required saturday overtime so i had to slowly lose those customers. Now i am trying to start up again, but dont have nearly the nice stuff you got. But i would say if you can afford it blast your name all over that truck and trailer, that way if your in your truck without the trailer and just have to run to the store you are still advertising and maybe get tshirts made if you can afford that as well even if you wear them on a day your not working so people still see your name. Good luck!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Sponsor

I would pass out door hangers and driver customers to your website if they sign up online. You can give instant quotes on your site at Acculawnsystems.com. Also, see what the customer will see when receiving a bid at Acculawncare.com. Furthermore, we are offering this system to only one LCO per area. So once a LCO signs up for the area we will not be able to offer this technology to any other LCO in that area. This is a huge advantage to the LCO that is able to use this method in their area to gain new customers. Also, the LCO will be the only one posted as a provider on acculawncare.com. Check to see if your area is available by going to acculawnsystems.com and reserve your spot today.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Sponsor

If you do not have a website to drive customers to, that's ok because we give you one when you sign up for acculawnsystems.com. Customers can go directly to your website and get and instant online quote based on you pricing. Only one LCO per area and they are going fast. See if your area is still available and receive a 30 day free trial with no obligation. Acculawnsystems.com and Acculawncare.com.