Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-04-2012, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It would be dark before I could get there. hahaha thanks again....

I've been waiting for it to dry up some. Got work to do today. Tomorrow is going to be hectic trying to squeeze everything in.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
If anybody else has a wet day today and wants to come over with their blowers and have a contest they're welcome to, lol.
We haven't had a wet day in at least 6 weeks, and none in the forcast for the next 2 weeks, other wise I would, and if you were closer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2012, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's not that wet here...nothing on radar ATM. I guess I'll give mowing a try after all. Having the most powerfull backpack blower made will definitely help. What I do is just blow-dry the lawn prior to mowing it...only takes about 5 minutes for the average lawn.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't even need to see your video darryl. I knew what it would do.

I don't have a video camera, but I am wanting to get one to post some video of my 570 moving a 20 lb chunck of concrete around on the dirt, which I did the other night again. I just came in from using both my BR600 and my 570. They are both strong blowers, but I just flat like the way the Husky feels on the shoulders, and how much better it moves debris when it gets into the heavier range.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I was liking mine today when it came time to blow clippings off wet pavement. Actually I used it quite a bit...seems like a lot of leaves down already for this time of year. Probably because it's been kind of rainy/stormy. Usually it's just nuisance leaves but I'm darn near in cleanup mode already.

Did you like how she fired up in 2 pulls cold? I can get the newer of my EB630s in one pull if I'm quick on the choke, but I don't think you can ask much more than 2 pulls. I will say that the 770 I demo'd fired in 2 pulls as well and they said it was cold.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My BR600 always catches on one, fires on two cold. Always. My 570 is 4-5 pulls every time before it catches, and it takes a couple minutes to warm up, but it's always worth the wait.

We have a lot of leaves down here already too, especially out away from town. All the trees are turning color early as well.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
I was liking mine today when it came time to blow clippings off wet pavement. Actually I used it quite a bit...seems like a lot of leaves down already for this time of year. Probably because it's been kind of rainy/stormy. Usually it's just nuisance leaves but I'm darn near in cleanup mode already.

Did you like how she fired up in 2 pulls cold? I can get the newer of my EB630s in one pull if I'm quick on the choke, but I don't think you can ask much more than 2 pulls. I will say that the 770 I demo'd fired in 2 pulls as well and they said it was cold.
Ever start one when its 10-15 below out? Mine both take 5-6 pulls. Sometimes less when they have been run with in a week.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know I posted this on a separate thread but I figured I would throw it on here too. This is my 570 BFS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14YE_jfx2Zs
Old 10-04-2012, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Never gets that cold here but my Shindaiwa equipment (M231 for the power broom and EB630 blower) don't seem to mind starting for snow duty. The worst for me is starting my mowers with 17 and 23HP Kawi engines on them when it's even a little bit cold. Gotta make sure that choke is closed 110% and cross your fingers. They've been like that from day 1. Heck they're that way when it's warm, lol. I don't think I've tried the 580 when it was really cold.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Man!! I'm a stihl guy but so much talk about the 570 and 580 makes me want to get one but I like having another br600 in case something happens to one I'll have a parts blower. We just got a husky dealer in my area back in the spring and I did try out the 580 for like 2 min. Piles of power, little heavy, and not as comfable as the br600 mag. I still have not decided on what I'm going to get more than likely I'll stay with the stihls. Side note I live in VA which I think I'm gonna say is stihl country because there aren't any redmax,shindy,kawi, dealers anywhere around. One echo and husky which are the same dealer the rest is stihl. Maybe it's that way everywhere I dunno.
Trac vac loaders and bagger
Billygoat 1302sp blower
Stihl handhelds
2003 GMC C4500 14ft dump
1998 Chevy 1500 Z71 with 8ft EZ dumper
2003 GMC W3500 18ft box cabover
6.5x12 landscape trailer
Jrco leaf plow
Part time for now and solo for now.
Third year!