Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-26-2012, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Picked up a new client in an odd way!

I was servicing a client about a month ago and someone drove by and saw me working and he turned around and came back and asked me (in a thick accent) if I was takin on new clients. Of course I said yes. He gave me his addres and I gave him my card. So I go to look at it and I called him back and gave him my price. We made an agreement and about a week later I went there to begin the work. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... After we pulled up and started unloading, a car pulls into the driveway and the guy gets out and says: "Can I help you?" I was saying to myself: "This is not the guy that I spoke with!" I told him about meeting someone a week earlier and this was the address he gave me yada yada yada. And the guy says no, that house number is up the street from him and says to me: "well since you are here, do you have a card?" So I gave him one and we talked for about 15 minutes. I called the guy that I had originally spoken with and he apologized to me for accidentally giving me the wrong house number. Maybe it was his accent? I dunno. I said dont worry about it. So not only did I have an easy day doing a smaller piece of property than I had anticipated (for the same amount of money of course) but I also landed that other guy as well. He was even nice enough to tip both my partner and myself a $20.00 tip for each of us when we were finished. He says he has other projects for us to do etc. Funny how that all worked out!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Good thing the feller was home
Old 10-26-2012, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Member

No kidding! I never experienced anything like that before!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got a strange one sort of like that too. I have one guy who has a lot of different properties he rents out and just got a new house this year, and he tells me to mow right up the neighbors housem Neighbor gave me 20 bucks, for mowing it, and gives me 10 bucks a week to now this tiny little strip that I was already mowing anyway. It is funny how some things work out.

Honda HRC216HXA Commercial 21" Mower
Stihl FS90r
Stihl KM110 with String Trimmer, Articulating Hedge Trimmer, and Pick Tine Cultivator
Stihl BR600 Backpack Blower
Stihl SH56 Shredder Vac
Stihl MS250 Chain Saw
Old 10-26-2012, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeypizano View Post
I got a strange one sort of like that too. I have one guy who has a lot of different properties he rents out and just got a new house this year, and he tells me to mow right up the neighbors housem Neighbor gave me 20 bucks, for mowing it, and gives me 10 bucks a week to now this tiny little strip that I was already mowing anyway. It is funny how some things work out.
Thats pretty cool man!