Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-04-2012, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Member

36" zero turn

I'm in the market for a smaller zero turn for my gated properties. I'm currently using a 36" Toro Pro Line WB with 2 wheel sulky but am growing tired of using it since I have had an increase of large gated back yards. My main mower is Bobcat 48" ZT219 which I love.

I've been searching all season for a Fastcat 36", wright stander 36 or a gravely compact pro 34 to no avail. But just came across a 2010 Hustler Fastrak with very low hours with a Kohler 19HP engine for $2500. I believe its the basic Fastrak model not SD. Would this mower hold up for daily commercial use? Can anyone comment on daily usage?

Thanks

Mark
Old 10-04-2012, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

can't go wrong with a stander IMO, more maneuverable in tight areas than a sit down.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

the wright would be perfect for you IMO. I dont own one but i also work for a company that has one and i use it almost everyday...only problem i have with it is that if you hit the smallest little bump it bounces alot but i have heard that as the deck size gets bigger this problem is reduced
Stihl and Echo handhelds
Commercial Applicator Certified in 3A and 3B
Old 10-04-2012, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

36" Wright stander, hands down
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2012, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Yes I'm actively thinking 34/36" stander now. I had just come across that Hustler Fastrak for $2500 and didn't really know too much about it but after I finally found some info it looks like a residential homeowner mower.

So now I'm thinking used Wright Stander 36" as my top choice but would consider the 34" Gravely Pro Stance, Lesco or Great Dane Surfer.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut It Close View Post
Yes I'm actively thinking 34/36" stander now. I had just come across that Hustler Fastrak for $2500 and didn't really know too much about it but after I finally found some info it looks like a residential homeowner mower.

So now I'm thinking used Wright Stander 36" as my top choice but would consider the 34" Gravely Pro Stance, Lesco or Great Dane Surfer.
You can prob find a great used Wright at a great price....get a Wright.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2012, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

the one thing i have found that makes all the difference in the world on my 36'' stander is tire pressure...they recommend 18-20psi on tires which essentially makes them take on the profile of a bicycle tire, very rounded and hard. I run 10-12psi and the ride is MUCH better and rutting is greatly reduced. I even have the RH model which weighs more and I don't notice any rutting under normal conditions
Old 10-04-2012, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36" wright stander for that exact reason. I went with a stander due to less fatigue, and it has a pretty quick ground speed. It would be probably a jogging pace. Works awsome, time saver for sure.
I'd sell you mine, but I see you are in NJ... We are going to be upgrading machines at the end of the season, and I just got word that we will only have 1 gated yard left next season. 1 client passed away, one moved, and one took out the fence...
Old 10-04-2012, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuley View Post
I have a 36" wright stander for that exact reason. I went with a stander due to less fatigue, and it has a pretty quick ground speed. It would be probably a jogging pace. Works awsome, time saver for sure.
I'd sell you mine, but I see you are in NJ... We are going to be upgrading machines at the end of the season, and I just got word that we will only have 1 gated yard left next season. 1 client passed away, one moved, and one took out the fence...
I might be interested. What does it have for hours and what are you looking to get out of it?
Old 10-04-2012, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure of its exact hours, but I know it was at 100 or so a few weeks ago. Shouldn't have much over 120? We also have a power shute blocker installed on it that is removable so you can put on a catcher.
Price is negotiable. If you are seriously interested, give me a call. 608.712.7993.