Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-02-2012, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Changing website companies

I don't really like the guy or the company that built my website. They also host the website for the rest of this year into the spring of 2013. I was thinking of going with another company to host my site and renovate it as well.

Has anyone changed up their provider like this before? Im sure his rates are resonable but we are not seeing eye to eye at this point. When he built the site I sent him 4 links to other websites I really like. I told him I want my site to look similar in design to these.....and it never really got there.

What is a fair price to pay for a nice detailed website. For the heck of it something like brickman or truegreen landcare?

What should it cost to hose a site? What does hosting include? my guy does nothing all year until I tell him I want to change something then he bills me $75 an hr. And $200 a year to host.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

When he built the site I sent him 4 links to other websites I really like. I told him I want my site to look similar in design to these.....and it never really got there.

That's a shame, more than a bit odd, and without knowing more, gives me a surface impression that he oversold his abilities.

What is a fair price to pay for a nice detailed website. For the heck of it something like brickman or truegreen landcare?

Much like getting multiple quotes for a landscaping install, you're going to get a different answer from everyone on this. You'll hear "$10 a month for a GoDaddy site and you're gold!" to "$3,000 for a great one-off design and a certain length of direct involvement to get your site ranking where it should." and everything in between.

What should it cost to hose a site? What does hosting include?

Similar answer as the previous. Five to Whatever bucks, depending on service level. Hosting typically includes web mail, backups, the physical space, etc.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I just use vistaprint. I pay $14 a month and I rank number one for my town. I do not pay extra for it.