Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-07-2012, 03:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Any Suggestions to Promote a Landscaping Business

What is the best way to promote a landscaping business ??
Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Cheers
Victoria 3172
Australia
www.glenwaverleymowing.com.au
www.wheelershillmowing.com.au
www.maxagra.com.au

Old 10-07-2012, 08:06 AM
Sponsor

If you are also performing services such as mowing, aeration, seeding, etc. I would check out acculawnsystems.com. This method allows for lawn care customers to go to your site and get instant online quotes for services. Also, you can see what the homeowner will see at Acculawncare.com.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Craigslist is a great place to advertise if the farm&garden section is very active. Of course a lot of guys have success with direct mail, and of course fliers work well too but best of all is word of mouth.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Since you have a web site, I'd recommend hitting the web sub-forum and you'll find quite a few tips, especially pertaining to Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Pay particular attention to the posts where people ask for reviews as there are a ton of links and advice for how to better help your site get noticed.

As a word of advice, I would strongly suggest losing the auto-playing music that "welcomes" visitors to your site. With a large percentage of people shopping for services while at work, a startling song blasting from their speakers does not help your cause.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Member

website will generate leads - get a google maps listing for sure that by itself will generate you several throughout the year.
Flyers work they will take some time and sweat but they will generate you leads
craigslist seems to be going down hill IMO
Direct mail costs more then flyers but will also generate leads
Old 10-08-2012, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I'd agree with many of the things that have already been said. A google local listing and a facebook page are free. Some people swear by Craigslist and some people hate it, but the price is right.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

There is no ONE best way in my opinion. It takes a full range of advertising options and it's nothing that is going happen overnight. I have a website, Facebook, signage on the truck and trailer, yard signs, shirts, text theyardboy to 90210. These all work TOGETHER. Now I will say, the text option has worked surprisingly well over the last month landing aeration jobs. I first set up my website in 2009. Sometime this spring, it moved to the top of Google when people search for lawn care or lawn service in the particular town I work in. Facebook is a very useful tools for posting pictures. I have also begun using youtube quite a bit over the last year or so.

I can tell you what has NOT worked for me. Postcards, direct mailings, newspaper ads. I ran a 1/8 page color ad last fall for 8 weeks in a paper that is distributed free every Wednesday to 25,000 households. Nary a call. Why? I believe it is because people just don't read the paper anymore. It's too time consuming. People want what they are looking for and they want it NOW. They don't want to pick up a paper or phonebook and search. Most of my leads come from online searches and that is where I focus most of my marketing efforts.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Sponsor

Furthermore, we are offering this system to only one LCO per area. So once an LCO signs up for the area we will not be able to offer this technology to any other LCO in that area. Check out to see if your area is available by going to acculawnsystems.com.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey corey do people only have to type in those 5 numbers to send u a txt?
Old 10-12-2012, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinglawns View Post
Hey corey do people only have to type in those 5 numbers to send u a txt?
90210 is like the phone number. The message you send to that number is theyardboy. The customer receives an autoresponder back with my business name and number plus for those with web enabled phones there's a link included that sends them to my mobile business card. That has links to my phone number, email, they can directly text my mobile phone, link to my website and facebook page plus a video player with a short video greeting. It's pretty slick stuff. Additionally, anytime someone sends theyardboy to 90210, I receive an alert that tells me that 555-555-5555 has requested your mobile business card. I then in turn send a direct message back that says Thank you for your interest in the yard boy. How may I help you today. Check it out.
Posted via Mobile Device