Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-07-2012, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Making your own leaf loader tailgate mount....

So I found and purchased this older, but in immaculate shape, leaf loader on craigslist. It's old enough that many Internet searches do not even come up with anything listing the make, Parker, and model, PL-8700. Nothing like the new ones but I'm not going to spend $2000 on something I may use 4 times.l this season. Anyways, thinking about buying some angle iron and strong bolts and making my own mount to hang on my dump trailer door. Is this a bad idea as in bolts vs welding and the strength of it? any other ideas? The guy who had this used it for a loader and fabbed up a cart to use it as a walk behind blower too. It was a peraonal use thing for them. I found the original owners manual online and a tailgate mount was available but it wasn't rigid and again more than likely not made anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-08-2012, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Could you mount it to the front of the trailer? So you wouldn't have to wrangle it every time you needed to dump?

I'd suggest going to a welder/fabricator. He may be able to design something using less steel and with no bolts so it may actually cost similar to something you'd build yourself.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Those were my thoughts too. For now I'm only using half the dump for leaves so I'll just roll it in there with my mower. Optimal? No. But this venture started cheap and I want to keep it like that for now.
Posted via Mobile Device