Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-08-2012, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

if you didn't sign any sort of no compete agreement then why not? If you do a better job and thats what the customers want then go for it. It's america, get what you can. The only time I wouldn't agree with it is if you simply went around offering a lower price for the same services they're already providing aka lowballing. But if you are offering a better service for the same price or higher then why not? It's not your fault you will provide quality than the previous company. However trying to take business because you don't like who you worked for and want to rub it in their face instead of wanting to gain the customers because you know you can do a better job will bite you in your butt. Revenge with no reason won't get you far
Old 10-09-2012, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Its dog eat dog out there
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Sponsor

Stealing customers?

Advertise on you trucks with you web address and give instant online quotes through AccuLawnsystems.com. That way, if someone is unhappy with their service but likes the way you do it, they can simply get an instant quote and sign up with out the it being awkward.

We did close to 1000 bids and received over 200 new contracts this past spring in just 2 zip codes using postcards, door hangers, wors of mouth and instant online quotes. Customers simply type in their address and get a quote in seconds. Then they can sign up right then and there. The best thing is that we did not waste time on manual measurements and did not waste money on fuel. Check out how this is possible at acculawnsystems.com. Furthermore, we are offering this system to only one LCO per area. So once a LCO signs up for the area we will not be able to offer this technology to any other LCO in that area. This is a huge advantage to the LCO that is able to use this method in their area to gain new customers. Also, the LCO will be the only one posted as a provider on acculawncare.com. Check to see if your area is available by going to acculawnsystems.com and reserve your spot today. Also, there is no risk with a free 30 day trial with no obligation.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Sponsor

Stealing customers?

If you do not have a website to drive customers to, that's ok because we give you one when you sign up for acculawnsystems.com. Customers can go directly to your website and get and instant online quote based on you pricing. Only one LCO per area and they are going fast. See if your area is still available and receive a 30 day free trial with no obligation. Acculawnsystems.com and Acculawncare.com.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Like a broken record...welcome to my ignore list!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
Like a broken record...welcome to my ignore list!
Nothing like a guy talking to himself. I kept looking back to see who he was replying to in all the threads yet he won't answer a direct question.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I understand and respect the right of sponsors to reply to threads, when it's appropriate and helpful. But I don't much like canned messages that have little if anything to do with what's being discussed.

My favorite sponsor rep is the one from Billy Goat Industries...he's very knowledgeable, especially relating to older and long forgotten equipment, helpful, and objective given his understandable and admitted bias toward his products.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am actually responding to the thread...here it is...

You ever hear of KARMA?
04 Chevy 3500
04 F350 Diesel
4 60" Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48"
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
20' Enclosed trailer/16' Open trailer
18' Skid Loader Trailer
2012 S185 Bobcat 2-Speed

Old 10-14-2012, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinggreen123 View Post
I use to work for a very big company I was the head man incharge of well over 120 accounts. My customers loved me and I loved them. I am no longer working for the company and starting my own business. Is it legal to talk to my old customers into going with my company? I know its wrong but the person who owns the company deserves it.
People like you seriously make me sick!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellB View Post
Leave the guys customers alone. YOU have no right to them and if in the end they do not like the service being provided, they will find you. Move on and good luck to you.
Well if these are bid customers,they are up for grabs for the next season.There is no such thing as MY customers or YOUR customers in my book.If he has placed a bid which is lower than the previous LCO's then the previous LCO should counter bid if he wants the job if the customer asks him.I had a customer tell me another guy would mow for $10 less per cut and if I would match it.I said no since I have already been doing it for 4 years and am not going to lower my price.Well they stayed with me.
I also snow plow.I advertised back in 1990 for 2 weeks and have not advertised since.No need to I get plenty of referrals plus I get all my old customers back.Guys try to cut in but can't since my customers do not want to take a chance on a lesser quality of service.What i am trying to say is people will price shop just like we do.They are allowed to switch contractors if they want----its their money.