Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-09-2012, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Member

drive belt help please - 52 wright stander RH

first i need to know how to get to the drive belt on this baby so that i can put it back on and continue mowing. it looks very compact and at first glance i dont have a clue how to get to it.

second problem is that this is not the first time this mower has thrown the drive belt. previous owner said it happened a few times but thought he had fixed it. any ideas why this keeps happening?

thanks, wb
Old 10-09-2012, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Page 23 of yer owners manual pretty much explains it. Only the leave out the part about how the h e l l yer supposed to get under it!
We use chain falls to lift one end up and go from there.
Somethings up with it throwin belts like that. Take a close look at the idler pulley, make sure it isn't wobbly. Also spin the pump pulleys by hand to make sure they're not wobblin'.

......AMF!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

ok i tried several things but now I simply drop the deck so I can see what the hell is going on and then it isn't easy. It is a real difficult thing to get it over the pulley after you get it in place. If I had one the had that belt coming off frequently i would sell it. Worst service item I havfe ever run into. I was taking it into the shop and they raised itw ith a fork lift and that was still difficult to get it on.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We use lifts so it makes it pretty easy on most any machine. The RH isnt too bad. Its tougher than a regular old style fixed deck. New style fixed deck is kind of a pain. Why they changed where the clutch holding pin/wire is located is beyond me...