Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-17-2012, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalTree View Post
You might also be surprised how affordable it can be to hire a professional company versus the hacks sometimes. We are trained and equipped to do the job and can do it in a fraction of the time.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree 100%, but the problem is, you can't fix stupid.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Jeez royal calm!
Yell at the home owners who hire these guys. My post was me being a smart a$$, not the scab tree service. I realize the benefits of hiring the right guys for the job.

Ive had many customers who needed several trees trimmed and called professional tree services with arborists, with every insurance under the sun and they tell the customer that it's $500 minimum. Now are the majority of people gonna pay $500 for a couple of trees or $125 to the door knockers?
Thats the disparity I was referring to!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2012, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Most companys do not have such a high minimum. I think you can find plenty of of good guys at really really good prices in this economy. One of my crews just finished a 7 day job cleaning about 750 palms at 18 a piece.

I see why you are just anorher lawn guy. I guess you will never get it.

I cant wait for our county to start creating real enforcement over the hacks like other places in the state. This place is crawling with tree and spray hacks mutilating one yard at a time
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2012, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Most companys do not have such a high minimum. I think you can find plenty of of good guys at really really good prices in this economy. One of my crews just finished a 7 day job cleaning about 750 palms at 18 a piece.

I see why you are just anorher lawn guy. I guess you will never get it.

I cant wait for our county to start creating real enforcement over the hacks like other places in the state. This place is crawling with tree and spray hacks mutilating one yard at a time
Posted via Mobile Device
Jeez, take it personal why don't you!

$18 a tree. Thats hack pricing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2012, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherlawnguy View Post
Jeez, take it personal why don't you!

$18 a tree. Thats hack pricing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not when you have a bucket and are doing 750. Well, only if they are queen, washy, coco. And only if they get done every 6-8 mo.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2012, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

$18 per tree is valley crest like pricing for hoa's and the like. If you got a residential call for 4 trees, would you show up with the crew and bucket and do the job for $72?
No way no how would you. You probably wouldn't even show up for the estimate, cause you have a minimum right. Most guys with bucket trucks won't show up for less than a couple hundred bucks. And if you think anyone is gonna pay a couple hundred bucks for a job worth $150, your crazy. Yes I realize a few will but the majority won't. Which is why your target customer isn't someone with a few trees, it's customers with several hundred trees. Apples to oranges comparison!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2012, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherlawnguy View Post
$18 per tree is valley crest like pricing for hoa's and the like. If you got a residential call for 4 trees, would you show up with the crew and bucket and do the job for $72?
No way no how would you. You probably wouldn't even show up for the estimate, cause you have a minimum right. Most guys with bucket trucks won't show up for less than a couple hundred bucks. And if you think anyone is gonna pay a couple hundred bucks for a job worth $150, your crazy. Yes I realize a few will but the majority won't. Which is why your target customer isn't someone with a few trees, it's customers with several hundred trees. Apples to oranges comparison!!
Posted via Mobile Device
That's why I said it is bc he did 750 of them. Of course I'm not going to show up for 4 trees at those prices....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2012, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I am fine with one crew averaging over 1900 per day. I was just trying to show you that your pricing ideas can be very wrong.

It was a mix of mostly washies with a few royals, canaries and others. We do this shopping center twice per year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-19-2012, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
That's why I said it is bc he did 750 of them. Of course I'm not going to show up for 4 trees at those prices....
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank You, That was the point of my original post when I said the customer would hire the scab door knocker vs. the insured professional tree service. Royal blew a gasket and missed the point of the post. Yet we managed to work through it.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I am fine with one crew averaging over 1900 per day. I was just trying to show you that your pricing ideas can be very wrong.

It was a mix of mostly washies with a few royals, canaries and others. We do this shopping center twice per year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yea, that's a nice contract if you get it 2x/yr.
Posted via Mobile Device