Register free!

Old 10-19-2012, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Member

It might not have been the best example just because of the scale but note that the original post was asking about 50 palms.

We do jobs that are not several hundred dollars all the time. We are not going to drive an hour to get to a 125 dollar job but are often able to schedule it with anothet job nearby. Looking at the work sheets for today i see 3 jobs under 200 between two crews. 125 dollar jobs dont go for 500, if a tree service needs 500 to do 5 palms they are not serious about working or they have no clue how to run a business.

I guess i "blew a gasket" because it is attitudes like yours that keep the green industry as a whole in the stoneage.

Btw, my target customer is not someone with a couple hundred trees. Its the educated consumer.

I am tirred of seeing guys die and get seriously hurt in this business. Fatalities and major accidents are just off the charts. It is inherently dangerous and accident do happen but you would never find another industry in this country that will tolerate the stuff we see here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-19-2012, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Jesus there you go again!
Its not my attitude that keeps the green industry in the stone age: its the stupid customers that hire these guys.

You still don't get the point of my original smart a$$ reply, so let me further explain myself. Perhaps I should have said that my post was from the viewpoint of a scab homeowner then the guys doing the work.

I am not a door knocker tree trimmer.
I refer my customers to a legitimate tree service in the area, I send them $1000s of dollars a year.

Your right there are plenty of guys who get hurt, but there's nothing you can do about it!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-21-2012, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

To answer the OP question for quality tree services in the Orlando area.

1) Arbor Vision Tree service

2) Arbor Ridge Tree service