Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-03-2012, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Experience with a company called Landscape Data Corp?

Hello all,

I recently received a pamphlet in the mail from a company called Landscape Data Corp. They claim to centralize a massive list of commercial maintenance bids that, for a monthly fee, you can access and bid on. Breaking in to serious commercial work has eluded me and I'm interested in any methods out there that can get me to that next level. Naturally, I must proceed with caution on any sort of marketing venture. So my question is if anyone has had experience with this company or some similar bid-aggregating service.
1999 C3500
6X16 Maintenance trailer
6X12 Utility trailer
48" Exmark Lazer Z
6 Toro 21"
Echo/Stihl weedeaters, blowers, chainsaws
Maruyama/Kawasaki hedge trimmers
Dewault/Milwaulkee power tools
Old 02-03-2012, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I hadn't ever heard of them before. But I checked out their website:
https://www.landscapedata.com/

They look pretty legit. Have a really good established presence on Google too. It's tough to get sub-pages to turn up underneath your main Google search result. Only sites with a lot of regular traffic get those.

They don't service my area and even if they did, I don't do any commercial work. So I wouldn't be a buyer. But check them out. Give us the low-down. Do they want anything to sign up? Or is it strictly a pay-per-lead fee? If it is, try a few out. As long as the lead fees aren't ridiculously high, you can't lose much if that's the only cost.

Now if they have an exorbitant sign-up fee or want you to commit to a year or two or something, then I'd run. Because if it's legit and you're really going to like the service, then why would they need to trap you in for a year or two, then? The only time you need to trap people into something like this is if they wouldn't stay voluntarily. If it's working and you're getting good leads, you'll stay, right? So no need to pay an annual fee, sign-up fee, or commit to a certain length of time. Those are all ploys, IMO. If I saw that, I'd run. But otherwise, I'd probably check it out and see how well it worked. Sounds interesting....

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon
Old 02-04-2012, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just looked at their website for the Austin TX area under commercial services. The cost would be $149.00 per month if you sign up for 12 months or $169.00 per month if you sign up for 3 months. It sounds like that cost would include both residential and commercial leads.

https://www.landscapedata.com/subscribe
Old 02-04-2012, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

They have nothing in my area.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillolawncare View Post
I just looked at their website for the Austin TX area under commercial services. The cost would be $149.00 per month if you sign up for 12 months or $169.00 per month if you sign up for 3 months. It sounds like that cost would include both residential and commercial leads.

https://www.landscapedata.com/subscribe
If it were in my area, I'd try it out for 3 months. Worst you could lose is $507.00. If the leads were decent leads, I'd keep using them. If not, I'd dump them. Can't be any worse than Service Magic. And hopefully a lot better.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon
Old 02-17-2012, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Member

did u give it a whirl? they have info for my area but a little hesitant to drop 500 bucks just to take a peek... whats the best way to break into the commercial bis? any pros care to chime in and help a noob out?
Old 02-21-2012, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking about checking them out myself but was hoping someboby could give me some info before I dropped that much cash.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Landscape Data Corp.

I'm up here in Raleigh where Landscape Data got started and I've been using them for the last 2.5 years or so. When I first started in 2008 they were mostly on the commercial side which produced leads for contracts that turned out to be too big for me. I quit using them for that reason, but then jumped back on a year later after I heard that they were generating a bunch of residential leads. I probably get 25 -30 residential leads per month which is way more than $150/month would get you from Service Magic. I'll probably start using the commercial side more this year now that I've grown a bit and can handle larger contracts.

I don't think that they'll let you down. The way it works is that you can log in and see what local apartments, HOAs, or townhome communities are actively seeking bids. There's usually only a window of a couple to three weeks during when the property managers are actually interested in talking to landscape contractors which is what makes the tool work.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I tried them. All they did was give me a list of apartment buildings with the name of the office manager...or whoever answered when they solicited info from them. I could do the same by calling them myself. You will have to speak to them anyway. A lot of the "leads" I had.....when I called, the info was all wrong. This is pretty much a BS scam in my eyes. Another way for you donate money to a company that does nothing. And guessing by the post above...this is most likely an owner, or manager of this company...as he has only one post. Don't believe the "fake hype". He was just trying to get his name listed, plus write a fake review. They are a waste of your money.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So, they have contracts that they have bid on....and you can get one if you bid low enough on the job so they make a profit?