Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-21-2012, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

new gravely air ride seat on differrent mower?

Hey all, has anyone tried the new gravely AIR RIDE seat on on a different mower by chance?? Just curious because i was thinkin bout buying one to stick on my scag.

Reason for this, THAT SEAT IS BAD ASS!!! I tried one out the other day and the seat is better than my suspension seats by a lot and who can put a price on a good back. I try to take care of my back at all cost. Im going to take some measurements soon but just wanted to see if anyone else had experimented with this yet............

Id just buy the gravely, but holly crap they do a chit job. My scags with velocity decks are a must in southern ohio where there is lots of clover and weeds. the gravely would go about 30ft and throw a clump, 30ft throw a clum, 30ft throw a clump. This is in a yard that I mow with my scags and have zero problems but THUMBS UP TO GRAVELY ON THAT SEAT!!!! I WANT ONE!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a michigan suspension seat from Northern tools. Its not air but it made a HUGE difference and costs $350. I know that doesnt answer your question, just thought I'd throw it out there for comparisons sake.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashby View Post
I just got a michigan suspension seat from Northern tools. Its not air but it made a HUGE difference and costs $350. I know that doesnt answer your question, just thought I'd throw it out there for comparisons sake.
He already has a suspension seat. If you didn't have one, you'll think it's the next best thing since sliced bread but if you HAVE used them, then you'll feel a little different. They work great when new but wear out fast. The air seat might be the next best thing now.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashby View Post
yes sir, thats what Ive got now and it is a great seat but holly freakin cow boys, the air ride seat on that gravely makes the suspension seat seem like the stock seats. It really is nice. I took it across a chunky gravel parking lot and it was knockin the hell out of the mower but I was just gliding along. Props to gravely on the seat.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I own the new Gravely 400 series and the comfort is unmatched. Its more than just the air seat. The seat platform, foot platform and engine are all isolated from the frame by rubber mounts. The air seat is not available as an accessory.

Also I would beg to differ on cut quality. My Gravely cuts just as good or better in some conditions than my scags with the velocity deck. Here are some pics in the rain with the x-factor deck!

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=377987&page=2
Old 05-21-2012, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If you were leaving clumps with that xfactor then the dealer did not setup the deck correctly. They will not clump or get buildup under the deck if it is pitched correctly. It is one of the best decks on the market today along with the 7Iron and velocity decks.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 05-21-2012, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Gravely seat is a Grammer MSG75 seat. The cheapest one I have found is about $1200.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I own the new Gravely 400 series and the comfort is unmatched. Its more than just the air seat. The seat platform, foot platform and engine are all isolated from the frame by rubber mounts. The air seat is not available as an accessory.

Also I would beg to differ on cut quality. My Gravely cuts just as good or better in some conditions than my scags with the velocity deck. Here are some pics in the rain with the x-factor deck!

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=377987&page=2
That does look great and im not taking that from you but I can tell that its either really early spring in that pic or that yard is treated. Bring your mower to ohio and cut a yard full of dandilions, clover and chick weed in a dewy morning and you will see what Im saying. We have a guy here local that runs 2 of the gravelys with x-factor deck but they are the mid grade without the air rid and his yards do look great but he double cuts every yard because of the clumping. We are now buds after last week because I let him him try out one of my scags. He was blown away! He will be a scag owner if our local dealer will take is gravelys in on trade. Hes gonna lose his but on it because he financed one of the gravelys last fall and the other this spring. Thats his baby though...............

No pun though, that yard looks freakin amazing and it does show that deck can do what a lot of them cant. Nice work
Old 05-21-2012, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnagain View Post
The Gravely seat is a Grammer MSG75 seat. The cheapest one I have found is about $1200.
Do you mind letting me know where you found that seat???? That is a lot of money but when you mow for a living i think thats a very small price to pay for a pain free back at the end of a long mowing week.... LOL
Old 05-21-2012, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
If you were leaving clumps with that xfactor then the dealer did not setup the deck correctly. They will not clump or get buildup under the deck if it is pitched correctly. It is one of the best decks on the market today along with the 7Iron and velocity decks.
Never thought about that honestly. I had to do some tweeking to my scag deck to get it perfect so that could be what was going on when I tried it out. I can tell you this though, the only 3 gravelys ive seen do not mow like the velocity decks on my mowers.

You gotta remember were in totally different parts of the U.S. also. If you have never mowed thick clover your lucky. I wish all my customers would sign up for weed control but they dont.

agree with the 7-iron for sure. Got some folks with jd around my area and there out at 7am along side me and the dew seems to not phase those decks.