Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-14-2012, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
I believe once again you are sadly mistaken about the potentical of Bifen XTS to burn Plants. Bifen XTS is what real Professional Pesticide applicator call 4th generation chemistry. Talstar or Cross check has an AI of 7.9% of Bifenthrin. Talstar's rate for ants or chinch bugs is applied at a High rate of 44 oz per acre or a low rate 22 oz per acre at low rate. Bifen XTS has a AI of Bifenthrin of 25.1% or a High rate of 6 oz per acre or 3 oz per acre low rate for ants and Chinch Bugs.

Now even if you only applied Half a Gallon of carrier or 22 gallons per acre. There is no way 6 oz per acre of a Oil based (esters) Bifen XTS is going to burn plants. High rate on Shrubs is 0.128 oz per gallon or a 1 % solution which once again is not going to burn.

My cost per quart of Bifen XTS purchased by the case is $ 25.00 a quart. A quart of BIFEN XTS at low rate will Control 10 acres of Fire ants.

The only disadvantage to Bifen XTS is it is not labeled for inside structural Pest Control. Talstar & Cross Check are labeled for inside applications.

Oops typo I left out the point. 0.128 is .1% or 0.001 of a Gallon when mixed at LABEL RATE for shrubs.

I am surprise no one caught my Typo.

Grasswilson

No way a .1% solution is going to act like a Horticulture oil.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Not only do I have a Degree in Soil and Plant Science from the U of F, I taught Materials Calculation at a Florida State run College. I have the credentials that say I know what I am talking about.

I sorry but you Really don't have a clue do you. For years Farmer have use burnt motor oil as surfactant without burning crops because of the low Percentage of oil in the solution. While xylene is a Hydrocarbon, it isn't used in 4th generation chemistry like it was in former formulas. But to better explain what a ESTER FORMULATION is please Follow this Link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ester

Most Certified pesticide applicators READ, UNDERSTAND and FOLLOW THE LABEL. Since I am a Professional I do just that. I could care less what your opinion is since your above statement shows you don't read or believe the Bifen XTS label.

HAVE A NICE DAY

So show me Mr. educated up the ass, jackass.
How you can sucessfuly apply 3oz to an Acer and get even molecule distribution worth a crap.
What's your molecule count per sq ft? Any idea Mr. Smart pants.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-15-2012, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfmd101 View Post
How you can sucessfuly apply 3oz to an Acer and get even molecule distribution worth a crap.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://www.controlsolutionsinc.com/d...2010-19-06.pdf

Well since you don't want to believe a Label Written by Control Solutions the manufacture of Bifen XTS. BTW That label was approved by the EPA after reading multiply studies and reports of various required studies Etc. Why would any thing I say make a Differences?

HAVE A NICE DAY

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 10-15-2012, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

no ants in my yard now for going on 2years... been using ric's fire ant control method for a few yrs now and it has worked great for me..
Old 10-15-2012, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
all righty now as a person that loves a lively conversation.
Who the heck cares about molecule count per sq foot when you treat a 1000 sq feet ? As for me I could give a shitzu. What I want is ants dead. If 3 ozs to 45k sq foot ( give or a take a few if you want to be down to the molecue count) works. why worry. if thats the label rate thats the label rate. if your formula is different then you are off label and u need to turn yourself into the epa for violation of label requirements and give up your license.

going back to the burn issue. if it has aheat restriction it will be on the label. easy to put on but really hard to get off. trying to second guess the epa and the $100 million dollars that went into the research is the wrong way to show you know your stuff mr lawn md or what ever it is. If you can come up with a molecule weight of the chemicals on the spray that you use u need to be working for the chemical companies and not trying to be a lawn ape
Old 10-15-2012, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
molecule count

The only thing I have learned is that you can spell....nice
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-15-2012, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGaPineStraw View Post
molecule count

The only thing I have learned is that you can spell....nice
Posted via Mobile Device

I think it is more like spell Check considering all that high quality Lesco, TG/CL training turfmd101 has.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

All of the sod farms in our area are using a product called Onyx Pro. They are required by the state to use this for Fire Ant Control in their fields. It has a very high AI% of Bifen as well. I noticed it was not labeled for interior pest control but is for interiorscapes and residential turf.

If it works, who cares what the mollekewel count is...right?

Actually, most of us "lawn apes" try to use the KISS principle(or is it principal) whenever possible.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
All of the sod farms in our area are using a product called Onyx Pro. They are required by the state to use this for Fire Ant Control in their fields. It has a very high AI% of Bifen as well. I noticed it was not labeled for interior pest control but is for interiorscapes and residential turf.

If it works, who cares what the mollekewel count is...right?

Actually, most of us "lawn apes" try to use the KISS principle(or is it principal) whenever possible.
Ted

Bifen XTS is the Generic of Onyx Pro. In fact Control Solution's products are mostly all Generic formulations of Off Patent Products.

Of Course Why the State of Ark requires a product with molecule distribution worth a crap is be on me.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Ric, I have used more insecticide this year than I have in the last 10 combined so I'm not real up on my insecticides. We've had more lawn pests due to increased stress on everything brought on by the extreme drought this year. I do know that the Bifen has worked for most things and is economical. The Onyx Pro can be purchased here for $111.00/quart but I have not purchased it even though the low use rates would make mixing a breeze. I believe that is comparable to the price someone posted for the Bifen XTS earlier in this thread.

I personally have been using a product called Menace-7.9% Bifenthrin. I get it for $44/gal and applied at proper rates, I've smoked everything from Army Worms to Fire Ants this year. It works and its cheap. What else could you ask for other than ...the molecule count.