Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-13-2012, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Are Bobcats good mowers?

Im thinking about buying a 36" bobcat class with fs481v engine.
anyone have any experience with them?
thank you so much
Old 10-13-2012, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bobcat doesn't make a 36 inch mower. Did you mean Bob-Cat? They make a solid mower and are pretty popular where I am.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
Bobcat doesn't make a 36 inch mower. Did you mean Bob-Cat? They make a solid mower and are pretty popular where I am.
yes sir that is what i meant.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I know, just bustin' on you
Old 10-13-2012, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sole,
Since I run two other Exmark units, I wanted to purchase something in the Walker line but didn't want the expense this time around. I inquired about the Navigator.................!!!
My dealer told me straight out that this unit was sub par, always needed repairs, wasn't as eco friendly as thought. My dealer said that in 10 years, they sold 10 units and all ten were in for repairs within 6 months of purchase. 3 were returned and traded back in for a Walker.
My dealer carries many brands of Z's but they were really straight forward about the bad rap on this mower.
The Bob-Cat...the green mower that looks like the Walker is just the same as mentioned above. Other's will imitate, but they can never completely copy the valued worth of the Walker. This is my opinion....and from use of my two units of 13 years each. I run Walker and Exmark because of the un paralleled cut of each mower for my usage.
I only wanted to carry one brand on the trailer's, so this was merely a visual thing. I carry a Frankenstein trailer of equipment. Stihl's, Echo's, Gravely, Exmark,Walker to name a few.
I do not know from use that this mower has problems, I can only emulate from my dealer who talked me out of this unit at the time.
Other's may chime in and have argumentative responses. That is fine..........as I would like to hear them also.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are Bobcats good mowers?

Buying one tomm I'll let you k ow how it does throughout the week
00 chevy 3500 dump
03 dodge dakota
4 ferris wb
1 ferris ztr
2 exmark ztr
lesco spreader sprayer stand on
case 1845
western plows
Old 10-13-2012, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

They are a tried and true workhorse mower. Very popular around here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-13-2012, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think Green View Post
Sole,
Since I run two other Exmark units, I wanted to purchase something in the Walker line but didn't want the expense this time around. I inquired about the Navigator.................!!!
My dealer told me straight out that this unit was sub par, always needed repairs, wasn't as eco friendly as thought. My dealer said that in 10 years, they sold 10 units and all ten were in for repairs within 6 months of purchase. 3 were returned and traded back in for a Walker.
My dealer carries many brands of Z's but they were really straight forward about the bad rap on this mower.
The Bob-Cat...the green mower that looks like the Walker is just the same as mentioned above. Other's will imitate, but they can never completely copy the valued worth of the Walker. This is my opinion....and from use of my two units of 13 years each. I run Walker and Exmark because of the un paralleled cut of each mower for my usage.
I only wanted to carry one brand on the trailer's, so this was merely a visual thing. I carry a Frankenstein trailer of equipment. Stihl's, Echo's, Gravely, Exmark,Walker to name a few.
I do not know from use that this mower has problems, I can only emulate from my dealer who talked me out of this unit at the time.
Other's may chime in and have argumentative responses. That is fine..........as I would like to hear them also.
What the hell are you talking about. Bob-Cat does not make a Walker-type mower and I don't think they ever have. He's asking about a 36 inch belt drive walk behind....nice story though.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
What the hell are you talking about. Bob-Cat does not make a Walker-type mower and I don't think they ever have. He's asking about a 36 inch belt drive walk behind....nice story though.
Not sure it they still do but Bob-Cat Ransomes did make a Walker style mower.

http://shoals.ebayclassifieds.com/ou...r/?ad=23373291

Edit:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=372874
Old 10-13-2012, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wow...OK, I stand corrected...but his post still has nothing to do with what the OP asked about, lol.