Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:05 PM
recycledsole recycledsole is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MD
Posts: 1,501
Are Bobcats good mowers?

Im thinking about buying a 36" bobcat class with fs481v engine.
anyone have any experience with them?
thank you so much
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,957
Bobcat doesn't make a 36 inch mower. Did you mean Bob-Cat? They make a solid mower and are pretty popular where I am.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:20 PM
recycledsole recycledsole is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MD
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
Bobcat doesn't make a 36 inch mower. Did you mean Bob-Cat? They make a solid mower and are pretty popular where I am.
yes sir that is what i meant.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,957
I know, just bustin' on you
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Think Green's Avatar
Think Green Think Green is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Arkansas--Mississippi flood plains
Posts: 2,694
Sole,
Since I run two other Exmark units, I wanted to purchase something in the Walker line but didn't want the expense this time around. I inquired about the Navigator.................!!!
My dealer told me straight out that this unit was sub par, always needed repairs, wasn't as eco friendly as thought. My dealer said that in 10 years, they sold 10 units and all ten were in for repairs within 6 months of purchase. 3 were returned and traded back in for a Walker.
My dealer carries many brands of Z's but they were really straight forward about the bad rap on this mower.
The Bob-Cat...the green mower that looks like the Walker is just the same as mentioned above. Other's will imitate, but they can never completely copy the valued worth of the Walker. This is my opinion....and from use of my two units of 13 years each. I run Walker and Exmark because of the un paralleled cut of each mower for my usage.
I only wanted to carry one brand on the trailer's, so this was merely a visual thing. I carry a Frankenstein trailer of equipment. Stihl's, Echo's, Gravely, Exmark,Walker to name a few.
I do not know from use that this mower has problems, I can only emulate from my dealer who talked me out of this unit at the time.
Other's may chime in and have argumentative responses. That is fine..........as I would like to hear them also.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:34 PM
dstifel's Avatar
dstifel dstifel is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: des moines ia
Posts: 776
Are Bobcats good mowers?

Buying one tomm I'll let you k ow how it does throughout the week
__________________
2011 chevy 2500
2012 chevy 2500
2012 ford f250
00 chevy 3500 dump
03 dodge dakota
4 ferris wb
1 ferris ztr
2 exmark ztr
lesco spreader sprayer stand on
case 1845
western plows
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:46 PM
lawns Etc's Avatar
lawns Etc lawns Etc is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Elmer NJ
Posts: 2,271
They are a tried and true workhorse mower. Very popular around here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think Green View Post
Sole,
Since I run two other Exmark units, I wanted to purchase something in the Walker line but didn't want the expense this time around. I inquired about the Navigator.................!!!
My dealer told me straight out that this unit was sub par, always needed repairs, wasn't as eco friendly as thought. My dealer said that in 10 years, they sold 10 units and all ten were in for repairs within 6 months of purchase. 3 were returned and traded back in for a Walker.
My dealer carries many brands of Z's but they were really straight forward about the bad rap on this mower.
The Bob-Cat...the green mower that looks like the Walker is just the same as mentioned above. Other's will imitate, but they can never completely copy the valued worth of the Walker. This is my opinion....and from use of my two units of 13 years each. I run Walker and Exmark because of the un paralleled cut of each mower for my usage.
I only wanted to carry one brand on the trailer's, so this was merely a visual thing. I carry a Frankenstein trailer of equipment. Stihl's, Echo's, Gravely, Exmark,Walker to name a few.
I do not know from use that this mower has problems, I can only emulate from my dealer who talked me out of this unit at the time.
Other's may chime in and have argumentative responses. That is fine..........as I would like to hear them also.
What the hell are you talking about. Bob-Cat does not make a Walker-type mower and I don't think they ever have. He's asking about a 36 inch belt drive walk behind....nice story though.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 1,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
What the hell are you talking about. Bob-Cat does not make a Walker-type mower and I don't think they ever have. He's asking about a 36 inch belt drive walk behind....nice story though.
Not sure it they still do but Bob-Cat Ransomes did make a Walker style mower.

http://shoals.ebayclassifieds.com/ou...r/?ad=23373291

Edit:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=372874
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,957
Wow...OK, I stand corrected...but his post still has nothing to do with what the OP asked about, lol.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 AM.

Page generated in 0.08429 seconds with 7 queries